prologue
nce upon a city is a ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
staff
credit
skin made for ouac by hedgie
table of contents
newest chapters
#/# update here

#/# update here

#/# update here

affiliates

Add Reply
New Poll

write you a love song~, [Jamie&Sienna]
Jamie Shoemaker
 Posted: Jun 20 2014, 01:14 AM

Writing new songs was usually cake for Jamie--oh cake sounded good right then-- but today it seemed to be tough. He didn’t fret--pun intended-- though. Jamie had a fool proof plan for busting that writers block in the butt. Lucky him, it was even warm and sunny today! He skipped down the hall of his dorm and waved to a few people before leaving. Everything was going pretty good for him at the moment. Well, he thought so. He had J and a band that rocked. What more could Jamie ask for? Nothing! That’s what.

He arrived at the nice little shady part of the quad lawn--shady like covered not like crooks-- and plopped down in the grass. He pulled his guitar from the bag he carried and strummed her softly to check the tuning. Little Miss Muse was her name and Jamie never wrote a song without her. While fixing her tuning, Jamie wiggled his toes in the slightly damp grass. His shoes having fallen off sometime before. Halfway done with tuning, he plucked a blade of grass out of the ground and put it between his thumbs and blew the makeshift whistle. It was amusing but he tossed it aside remembering he had work to do.

Focus, focus, focus, Jamie! He strummed a few chords and sighed. He couldn’t think of what to focus on though. Jamie wasn’t really given any specifics on what to write this time. It could be anything he wanted. Like what he was doing right now... Jamie strummed again. He was just sitting... sitting...

β€œSit-sittin’ on the dock of the bay, watch the tide go away! Sittin’ on the doc of the bay, wastin’ tiiiime, oh, wastin’ time,” he sang, his fingers finding the chords easily. He sang a little bit more until it got to the whistling part. He couldn’t whistle to save his life so instead, Jamie whipped out his harmonica and played the whistling part that way. As he finished, Jamie laughed . Obviously that was a song already written so he couldn’t do that one. What to write? what to write? Jamie had finally focused but it also made him not notice anyone trying to say hi. Luckily Pinocchio noticed β€œA REDHEAD THAT’S NOT JOEY OR CLEO” and got Jamie to look up and grin. He waved to the girl. β€œHey you! What’s your name?” he asked, never being one to be shy.

ty sophia
PM
^
sienna c. porter
 Posted: Jun 20 2014, 11:38 AM

• tattooed cutie
    like, what up

jamie  /  480
Having only ever lived in two places her entire life, Sienna didn’t have a lot of expectations for the weather; especially when both her hometown and current city had similar patterns and seasons. Sure, she loved sunshine like everybody else. Maybe someday she’d move to Nevada or Arizona or Florida, but for now she was pleased as punch with New York City’s variety. She felt like they got just enough sunny days and just enough rain and enough snow during the winter and the leaves still changed colors. No complaining here. If anything, it helped her to sort out her plans. Clear days were obviously reserved for outings to shops and parks while rainy ones were saved for a bubble bath and movies while snuggled in bed. She had it all figured out.

Today was one of her going-out-looking-cuter-than-usual days. Wearing a rather inspirational shirt, she planned on smiling at every stranger and striking up conversations and complimenting as many people as she could. She was going to make sure everybody who interacted with her was going to end up feeling a little better than they did before. But first, she had to visit Shiloh. It was their monthly movie day (something she’d been trying to make weekly since forever) and they had some serious catching up to do. If Sienna had known, however, that she’d be waved down by a cute guitar playing college boy, she would have cleared her schedule. She’d heard the strumming and whatever sound it was a harmonica made, but she hadn’t pinpointed the music.

Until cute guitar playing college boy called out to her. He was super adorable with kind of all over the place hair, his feet bare, and his arms covered in tattoos. Tattoos, she thought, inwardly squealing. She whipped out her phone and sent a gonna be late to Shiloh before making her way over. β€œSienna,” she answered, playing cool as best she could. Figuring he meant to invite her over, she sat across from him, not caring if the damp grass might stain her shorts. β€œWhat’s yours?” She tried to come up with some nickname going off of all his ink, but she was overwhelmed already. What did they all mean, how badly did they hurt, how much did it cost him, what was he going to get next??

She took the next minute to admire his guitar, wondering how his fingers must’ve looked as they plucked the strings, and she let her eyes roam from there, landing on each visible tattoo and finally making eye contact again, silently cursing when she realized the color. Hazel was second on her list (blue taking first) of β€˜favorite eye colors on a guy’ and just… how dare he be so attractive! So rude.

outfit

/
PM
^
Jamie Shoemaker
 Posted: Aug 20 2014, 07:13 PM

Jamie’s typical happy-go-lucky smile turned into a big grin when the girl actually stopped and came over. Most of the time people sort of judged him by his looks. Tattoos are somehow scary even though Jamie didn’t have any skulls and crossbones. He didn’t want to look scary, he just liked to be inked. As simple as that. Maybe it was the pain involved that made people afraid. Honestly, it wasn’t really much unless you got one in a sensitive spot. Even then, he bet most of the people went through more pain and it didn’t leave a piece of art on them. Just scars, though scars could be cool too. He had a few from his childhood. Nothing anyone but him would notice though. Not with all the cool tattoos in the way!

She even told her his name and looked happy to see him. Awesome! She was like him, he thought. Not too shy and happy as a lark. Were larks happy? Probably. “Sienna,” he sang, strumming his guitar. “That’s a cool name. Isn’t it a color, like burnt sienna? What color is that anyway? It sounds silly, I mean why would anything need to be burnt? Especially not you, us pale skin people don’t need sunburn, sunburn sucks.” He made a face and then remembered she’d asked him his name. “I am Jamie,” he said, holding out his hand. “Nice to meet you, Sienna.” He noticed her looking at his tattoos with a curious face. “Most of them hurt, but not much,” he said with a shrug. “The ones on my chest were the worst but also the best looking so it was worth it.” He liked when people were curious, asking questions was the way to learn right? Even if she didn’t ask anything, he could tell she wanted to know by her eyes. They were big and blue and pretty easy to read. He liked that, probably meant she was honest.

As the sun broke through the clouds again, he was suddenly distracted with the way the rays hit her hair and sorta made it look like it was on fire. It was really pretty in a sort of artistic way. Like, if he could paint, he’d totally try to paint her hair. “You sort of shine, Sienna,” he said, smiling crookedly. “Especially on a day like this. It’s so sunny!” He raised up his hands and grinned. “It’s great. What brings you to the quad? Are you a collegiate like me?”

ty sophia
PM
^
sienna c. porter
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 04:20 AM

• tattooed cutie
    like, what up

jamie  /  493
oh god, she was going to die. he had the biggest, most cute, super contagious smile she'd ever seen on anybody ever. if that smile was going to kill her, she was totally okay with that 'cause w o w. to think she knew people who found tattoos intimidating! why, if she'd first assumed that when looking at cute guitar playing college boy, then she would've kept on walking, and missed out on being smiled at like she was the best thing ever. she would have never had the pleasure of seeing pure unadulterated joy on his face. god, she was totally going to die.

was she blushing? she was definitely blushing. nobody had ever sang her name before -- well, nobody that mattered quite as much as he did right now. this was definitely better than a movie with shiloh. honestly, shiloh was probably happy to be rid of her; it never seemed she enjoyed their monthly movie much, anyway. "yeah, uh... it is. yes. a crayon, i think? i haven't ever seen it in colored pencil." she hoped he meant only the color sounded silly and not her name. oh yes, there, he had just clarified, okay good. she giggled, flipping her hair without really even realizing it. "i've had my fair share of sunburns," she paused, having to push away memories of swimming and heartbreak, "i'd love to see what my new friends would have to say though if they ever saw me sunburnt now. it's just a joke waiting to happen, i'm sure!"

shaking his hand, sienna tried not to appear too obvious when she glanced at the tattoos decorating his skin. it must have been super obvious because the next thing he said had to do with them. letting his hand go, sienna looked at jamie as he spoke and tried not to wince. she thought it might be fun to get a tattoo someday, but even jamie saying most of them hurt was enough to convince her otherwise. "i don't think i could ever, at least not unless i was really drunk." laughing a little, she reached out and took his other hand to admire the tattoos running up his arms. "i like yours, though, a lot."

oh god, she was definitely blushing. one hundred percent without a doubt in the world, her cheeks were probably red as her hair. well, mostly, right up until he said it was because of the sun. it was still super sweet, of course!! and oh how she was swooning at that adorable grin. "yes, this is my favorite kind of weather." she was glad to let go of his hand already when he raised them and she leaned back, smiling. "yes--" oh wait what? shoot, that smile and those eyes totally distracted her. "uh, sort of." well, now what was she saying?!

/
PM
^
Jamie Shoemaker
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 06:08 PM

"Sunburn," Jamie sang. "Life's way of reminding us that the sun is just a big ball of gas, what a pain in the ass." He chuckled at the made up lyrics and looked over at Sienna. She looked a little taken back. Maybe he was the first to sing and talk at the same time? Well, most of that stuff happened in musicals but musicals were pretty cool and singing in real life should totally be a thing. People should just burst out into song like it's normal or something. Life would be even cooler that way. Jamie frowned a bit at the rest of what Sienna said. "Friends should totally not laugh at sunburns. They're evil," Jamie said shaking his head. He wasn't sure what kind of friends would do such a thing but maybe it was just an inside joke he didn't get. His group of friends from back in the day were like that but if he thought about that now he realized it was still pretty mean. Whoa, how did he not see that then?

Jamie pointed in the air. "Actually," he started looking at his finger and then at Sienna. "Most studios don't let drunk people in. It's like tattoo artist etiquette. Sober or no ink for you," he said, setting his guitar to the side. He ducked his head and smiled at the compliment. "Thanks, they're like little bits of my soul if I'm honest. They keep me from covering it up like everyone else." He wasn't like one to be shy but this stranger complimented his soul so yeah, it was sorta a big thing. Especially when the stranger was a pretty girl with magical glowing hair.

Pinocchio was all but mesmerized by the way the sun hit Sienna's hair and he actually asked Jamie if she was the red fairy. Jamie internally shrugged, not sure how to answer that. For all he knew, there could be a red fairy and this girl could totally be it. That or Pinocchio was just being his usual self with the whole childlike wonder deal.

Jamie leaned back and sighed. This weather was totally the best even if he did have to slather his pale ass in sunscreen before he went out in it. It was worth it. The sun made even the darkest parts of New York City shine in ways he never thought possible. "Sort of?" Jamie asked, cocking his head to the side in confusion. "Are you like, a summer seminar kid. If so that's totally cool. You're almost there and stuff. Probably like way smarter than me too," he said with a shrug.
ty sophia
PM
^
sienna c. porter
 Posted: Jul 15 2015, 03:52 PM

• tattooed cutie
    like, what up

jamie  /  493
Sienna realized she needed to cool it but she had such heart eyes right now that she really couldn't help it. She would probably follow Jamie to the ends of the Earth at this point, honestly. Saylor was probably right whenever she told Sienna to keep a level head and not go along with whatever a guy suggested. She smiled, laughing a little, at his easy rhyming. "Wow, I wish I was any good at making up lyrics like that! How long have you been playing?" She wished she had had some sort of musical talent growing up but it had been all swimming for her. She regretted it now, obviously, because she didn't really have anything that she could call 'hers,' anymore.

Sienna shrugged, already missing the smile on his face. Why had she made him frown?? "My friends have a very interesting sense of humor. It would all be in good fun." Sienna knew Nahnie would make the burnt sienna crayon joke but not with any malice. She was pretty sure her friends would laugh at her cringing any time she moved but she didn't think she was friends with anybody who would slap her right on her burnt skin just for a laugh. She hoped, anyway, but she was in high school, and people could be very mean. Sienna looked at his finger as well and then back at him, trying to focus on what he was saying, and not losing herself in his eyes. Sigh. Swoon.

Oh. Well, that was kind of a bummer. No tattoos for Sienna, then. "I guess that makes sense," she said, sounding a little disappointed. It was really for the better, anyway. If she went in drunk for a tattoo, she would get something stupid. "What was your first tattoo?" Curious as she always was, Sienna wanted the story behind each and every one, but Jamie probably had things to do. She should have considered herself lucky that he stuck around this long to talk to her. Oh. Right. Was she a summer seminar kid? Seeing as she had no idea what that was, Sienna couldn't very well lie, and say she was.

She was going to just have to fess up, that she was a lowly highschooler here to visit her sister. Orrrr, she could brush that off, and respond to what he'd said next. "Oh, I doubt it!! You seem very smart!" Smart and cute and musical. Could she be blamed for falling head over heels so quickly? Honestly?

/
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll