prologue
nce upon a city is a ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
staff
credit
skin made for ouac by hedgie
table of contents
newest chapters
#/# update here

#/# update here

#/# update here

affiliates

Add Reply
New Poll

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS -Mikey & Dan
Mikey Colbert
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 05:21 PM

So much to fight for,
so much to change
Okay, so, this was so going to be about Mikey hanging out with his most adorable son (Jackie was a close second but, come on, Dan was just so precious and no one in the group could argue he was the cutest) because seriously Dan and him had not had enough quality time in like forever. So that's how it started out in his dorm room killing zombies like bros. Mikey had the sound off on the video game they were playing and the subtitles on. (which was pretty cool because Mikey loved imagining their voices being way more awesome than they probably were.) Sadly, Mikey couldn't focus on the video game because he was still hung up on the fact that he had a crush on a girl that secretly wanted him dead.

That had to be the most masochistic thing ever right. But ugh, Tallulah Kinsey. She was like one of those venus fly traps. Really awesome, fierce and pretty but if he even tried to get close to her, she'd try to bite his head off. And sometimes Mikey wondered if getting his head bitten off was worth it considering how much harder is was to just pretend he didn't feel like grinning every time he heard Tally laugh or smile, or talk about comics. He really had it bad but the woman hated his guts and he had no idea why.

And here was Dan, the cutest son, always so lovable and honestly, no one could ever think about hating him. He was just so freaking awesome and Mikey was pretty sure he probably would have all the luck with the ladies once he stopped being so shy. Seriously the kid's heart was bigger than the continent of Australia. (Not for real, metaphorically, big hearts are totally not healthy.) How did he do it? Mikey had to know. This lead him to pause the game and fling his controller down, dramatically grabbing his friend by the shoulders and shaking him. "HOW DO YOU GET PEOPLE TO LIKE YOU SO MUCH? TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!" he said.

Okay, it didn't exactly go that way, that was just in his head. He didn't want to scare his son away forever. Instead he let out a frustrated sigh as he died for the fifth time in the game and set down the controller nicely. (that thing was his baby okay? it friggin' glowed). He looked over at Dan, patiently waiting for Dan to look at him before he gave a sheepish smiled and signed as he talked. (Sloppily but he was still learning) "Sorry I'm sucking today. A girl I work with hates me and I don't know why. I really don't think I did anything to upset her and it's just bugging me. How do you get people to like you? I mean I don't know anyone who doesn't. And why would they? You're awesome." He finished his signing a bit slower than the words left his lips but Mikey was one to ramble so much that even his hands had trouble keeping up.
TAG: Dan Kaplan
NOTES: Seriously missed Mikey and his sons too much.
PM
^
DAN W. KAPLAN
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 08:11 PM

if you ever feel alone

Dan hadn’t had the greatest day. He’d been looking forward to this new aid that Baum was supposedly getting for him for, what…2 months now? And yet, nope. She was the #spawnofsatan, if Dan had ever seen it. Not only was she like, 70 years old, which was about 50 years too old for her to be someone that Dan could identify with, or converse about anything that was #relevant and not like, income taxes and social security and boring stupid stuff like that, but her ASL also sucked. Her fingers were clumsy and wavered over every sentence, which would have been fine if she was just someone Dan was trying to talk to, but she was literally supposed to be TRANSLATING for him. Like, what? How her translations could possibly be in any way accurate when her signing was so bad, Dan could only imagine.

But today had been a particularly #nogoodhorribleverybad day. It hadn't been just his aid's comically terrible sign language, any more than it had been the stupid fire alarm that had gone off while Dan was in the bathroom trying desperately to finish a sheet of Algebra II problems #fuckhomework #seriously, or just the high school principal's cold fingers against his collar, dragging him through the door, or just his lips moving before Dan, before the entire school on the front lawn, his beet-red face, his fists pounding upwards, downwards through the air, the rising sense of terror as Dan slipped further and further into the realization that he had absolutely no idea what was happening to him, what was going on, what he was supposed to be doing, how to make the big scary man stop yelling. It wasn't just the sense of being twisted further and further into a knot of confusion as he tried desperately to read the principal's lips as they flew through the tirade, catching only something about "fire codes", "irresponsible", and "stupid", anymore than it was just the humiliation, the heat rising in his face as he'd walked through the crowd of kids on Baum's front lawn, feeling every eye in the school latched onto him as he took his place at the back with the other Special Ed kids. No, it was all of those things. I would be the one person who ends up with acidic lemon juice when trying to make lemonade with the lemons life gives him #happytweets, he tweeted, conscious both of how little of a shit he should be giving about any of this and of how fucking much he did.

But when he’d seen the text from Mikey erupt on his phone as he rounded the corner between the bus stop and his dorm, he’d been overwhelmed with a sudden happy sensation, a knowledge that he could finally put that stupid shit behind him. Mikey was in town, and Mikey wanted to hang out. Mikey. Mikey. #MIKEY!

And now he was in Mikey’s apartment, with a controller in his hands, beating the shit out of some zombies. Okay, #great. This was exactly what he’d needed. A reminder that he actually had some friends in the world, at least one person who wasn’t convinced that Dan was useless invalid, and the opportunity to take out his irritation on fictional dead bodies that walked around. #Ohtechnology.

Suddenly, from the corner of his eye, he saw that Mikey was signing. Or, the hands were attempting, at least. And that was all Dan could ask for, from most of these people at least. He watched Mikey’s hands intently, trying to divine all the words he could from the clumsy hands. Sorry…girl…upset…oh, okay. Someone hated him. Aforementioned girl, presumably. Some question. How do you…like you. Get people to like you.

You could lose those ridiculous boat shoes, for starters, Dan signed back instinctively. Okay, so he’d been saving that snarky retort for a while. #Whateverguys. Nobody needed to know.

The real question though. Hmmm. Well, you could get a twitter? he offered, lamely. Oh, and being a good listener. My brother says girls really like that, apparently.. Dan wouldn’t know, obviously. God, he was just the worst advice-giver in history.

you were never on your own

mikey and jackson
idk how many words sorry
monica dont steal
PM
^
JACKSON E. HOROWITZ
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 09:44 PM

& now all my loves that come back to haunt me
my regrets are texts sent to taunt me

It had been way too long since Jackson had talked to Mikey, and he needed to change that.

Not just because so much had happened to him recently and he was feeling depressed and he thought that maybe a chat with Mikey would cheer him up, but also because seriously how had it been that long since they talked? Saw each other? Anything? Jackson was going to have to fill him in on everything that was going on which was going to suck but it needed to be done. Or maybe not. Maybe a day away from Baum and Grace and Aurora would do him some good.

Either way, he was approaching Mikey's door at a faster pace than he normally did, sped up by the anticipation to see him, because fuck, man, best bros for life... Hopefully. Jackson wondered if Mikey would think he was a worthless cheating son of a bitch like most of Baum did, as he could tell by the whispers and glances during the fire alarm today and the fact that no one came up to talk to him. Maybe all of his friends were on the other side of the school, or maybe just the only ones that were still okay with talking to him.

He had seen Grace but he didn't go and speak to her. How could he face her after everything that happened?

Okay, no, focus on Mikey. This was not going to be some bullshit sob session where he confessed all his sins and got blessed by a priest and suddenly converted to Catholicism because the power of the Lord allowed him to repent. Actually, it might not be anything at all, because Mikey was talking to someone who wasn't replying. Was he on the phone?

Well, what he said made Jackson grin and he just couldn't help himself. Bursting through the door with a mocked pout on his lip, he folded his arms, then saw Dan was there. Oh. Still pouting, but signing as he spoke, he said, "If anyone can give advice on how to get girls to like them, it's me, and frankly I'm offended I wasn't the first person you thought of to ask."

outfit | dan&mikey | omfg
PM
^
Mikey Colbert
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 10:24 PM

So much to fight for,
so much to change
Mikey scoffed at the idea of getting rid off his chucks and even went to hug them defensively, hoping the action portrayed his "no way in hell" thoughts. Also he didn't wear them to work. They weren't non-slip. His non-slip shoes were the least ugly he could find but also still pretty ugly dress shoes. But Tallulah wore the equivalent of crocs so no doubt she didn't care that his footwear was lacking. Once his shoes were properly defended he cocked his head to the side. "Twitter only lets you use like a hundred characters. I can't do that. I talk to much," Mikey admitted with a sigh.

The second sentence sort of made him realize he kinda never really stopped to listen to Tallulah. Well, there was that one time when she talked about comic books like the geek goddess she was but from then on she sorta just spat angry stuff at him. Maybe he should ask he what's wrong? Heck, maybe she was grumpy because of something else going on in her life and needed someone to vent to. Mikey could totally be that guy. Especially if it made her hate him less.

While he was mulling this over, his door slammed open with a loud bang that had him jumping probably a foot in the air. (Oh right, that door was still broken. He really needed to call the maintenance team about that... Maybe later.) His eyes lit up when he heard Jackson's voice and he spun around. His arms spread out wide ad he basically tackling the boy with his hug. "Mon ami, bro, Jackie," Mikey spoke quickly, squeezing the ever living daylights out of his son. "Where have you been? You seriously haven't visited me in like weeks. I thought you were busy being studious but then I remembered you also have Grace and so I figured you were also busy smooching up on her but seriously?! How long has it been? At least a month! Not cool, man. You can't abandon a bro like that!" he rambled before letting go of the hug and looking at Jackson. "Merde, have you gotten taller? Stop growing. I'm gonna be the shortest one in the group," he whined, ruffling Jackson's hair. He turned back to Dan and signed, "Too tall!" motioning over to the giant that was supposed to be his son.

He took a moment to realize that Jackson had said something about girl advice and he gave Jackie a guilty look. "Really, it sorta just popped in my head while slaying zombies," he said with a shrug. "You wanna play? Dan's been kicking my ass," Mikey said, signing the last part to amuse Dan as well. He wasn't sure he wanted to talk about romance with Jackie. Especially not his little messed up crush on someone who probably wanted to strangle him. Jackson had Grace and well, they were freaking called Graceson. All that cutsie high school sweetheart stuff that Mikey never had because he was too big of a dork to talk to girls. He was still a dork, but a matured, french dork now who was well versed in the ways of the ladies. Or so he thought. Tallulah was a whole different kind of lady. She wasn't a girl, she was a woman. Totally out of Mikey's league.
TAG: Dan Kaplan
NOTES: Mikey is immune to high school gossip these days. Ah, college.
PM
^
DAN W. KAPLAN
 Posted: Jul 26 2015, 11:04 AM

if you ever feel alone

Well, Dan certainly had been kicking Mikey’s ass. Finally, someone was acknowledging his overwhelming superiority at this game. He flashed Jackson a wink before returning to the game, which Mikey seemed to have abandoned. #hisloss. #Sick, another kill! And another one! #Diezombiedie. Dan was going to get the new record in this game if it was the last thing he did.

It was looking as if Mikey aimed to thwart this brilliant plan, however. #Irritating. No time for games, he signed to Jackson, slipping relaxedly into his normal signing speed. Having to slow down for Mikey, Ozzie, and their other friends wasn’t terrible, but Jackson, who had taken like, #reallife ASL classes, could understand his communications at a level of fluency really only matched by his friends from home. Jackson had been his first friend in New York, and he’d certainly played no small part in Dan’s decision to do a second #yearwithhearingpeople.

Of course, Dan was never going to let the kid hear a word of that. #Ever. It would inflate his ego to a degree that none of the #Superbros needed.

No time for fun. You’ve got some business to attend to in the Mikey Romance department. He winked at the boat-shoe-clinger, who was holding those ridiculous things to his chest as if his life depended on it. #Honestly, who did he think he was, a Jonas Brother or something? Were the Jonas Brothers still a thing? Dan hadn’t seen a tweet from Joe Jonas in a while.

Anyways. Business. Dan adopted the most official-looking expression he could. So, the first official meeting of Operation Get Mikey a Girl begins now. Dan was signing clumsily with one hand, mercilessly slaughtering zombies with the other. I’ve given my star-studded and highly sought-after advice. Jackson, any contributions? And where’s the Ozzman anyway? Dan missed that guy.

mikey and jackson
idk how many words sorry
monica dont steal
PM
^
JACKSON E. HOROWITZ
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 03:30 PM

Mikey's hugs were fantastic, and he realized how much he really missed him. Not even pulling anything close to 'no homo' (because that was ridiculously stupid and Jackson was 100% sure about his heterosexuality), he smiled at Mikey, totally okay with the fact that he mentioned Grace, what? "Well, about Grace... Nah, that's a long story. Point is, I'm here now, what's uuup? Who's this girl you're trying to impress?" Jackson really wanted to know, not just because he didn't want to reflect on his problems, but because Mikey of all people needed help? Yeah, okay.

"Dude, you already are." Except he was pretty sure Mikey and Ozzie were the same height, but he wasn't sure because he hadn't seen Ozzie in forever since he and Andie fucking disappeared off the face of the earth. But, whatever, he was definitely not mad about that, espeically not with Mikey and Dan right here in front of him! They were going to hang out just like old times, which weren't really that old? But if felt like it, with everything that had been happening.

Jackson looked over at Dan, looking at his hands. Nice. "Not right now, bro. There's more important things to attend to." Grinning wickedly, he sat on the other side of the couch from Dan, inviting Mikey to sit in the middle of them. What did you tell him? Get a twitter? he asked, only signing this time. Jackson was never not going to give any of his bros shit, so. "Well, that's a good question. Ozzie and Andie both just... left. Who even knows where they are?" Rolling his eyes, he switched back into romantic advice mode (still definitely ignoring that his current situation probably made him the worst person to give romantic advice), looking at Mikey. "Well, go ahead, tell us about her. Give me all the details. I can't work with something I know nothing about."

Jackson glanced at the screen with the game paused, and he was so tempted to crush these guys with all of his zombie-killing expertise, which was totally non-existant and fake (as Andie and Stelly both always reminded him), but no. This was way more important, and possibly maybe more fun, who knew.

outfit | dan&mikey | s h o r t
PM
^
Mikey Colbert
 Posted: Aug 7 2015, 06:25 PM

So much to fight for,
so much to change
And just like that, Mikey was under the spotlight. Normally he was okay with talking about girls. He could be chill and just dish the deats. But not today. Not with Tallulah. It was like middle school came back and he was Michael the shy kid all over again. "Guys, we don't have to..." he started to say but faded off when he realized that these boys could not persuaded. Also Jackie had some news about his gal and Mikey was 90% sure the kid wouldn't dish until Mikey dished first.

Mikey went and sat between his bros/sons and sighed. "Uh, well," he began knowing the feeling coming on. He was about to word vomit so hard. Projectile girl troubles in three, two, one... "I started working at this little diner. It's seriously the cutest diner but in the sketchiest place. I actually found it by getting really lost on a run to the comic book store. I thought I was going to die from hunger and possibly mugging but then there's this light at the end of the tunnel called Jojo's diner."

"I go up to the place and they're hiring too! Which, I was a bit tight on comic book cash so I really needed a job. I go in to talk to a manager and there's this girl sitting in a booth seat. She's like... a real life Carol Danvers. It was like a scene in a romantic comedy because she was literally the only one in the entire diner and in her hands was the first issue of Captain America. It looks so legit too. Like, I mean it had to be a copy but a really good one... unless she's secretly a billionaire or something," he paused, not really sure he wanted to admit the rest.

"And Yeah, her name was Tallulah and she interviewed me and I got the job but like... I'm pretty sure she hates me even though I'm nothing but nice to her but sometimes I can manage to get her to smile and it's like... Wow. Also she knows more about comics than me... I didn't think that was physically possible but she does and it's so... hot."

And yup there it was, the mess of words that reeked of his feelings. Ew. This metaphor is getting nasty. He realized that he hadn't bothered to sign any of that but that was definitely a good thing. I really hope you didn't get any of that, Dan because then you probably will think less of me and we can't have that. Mikey signed, his face feeling hot but luckily his complexion didn't make him blush like the nerd he was. "So what's going on with the Graceson ship? Is it sailing to even hotter waters?" he asked, realizing he should probably give the metaphors a rest for a bit.
TAG: Dan the Man, Jackie!!!
NOTES: Mikey hearts Tallulah so hard
PM
^
DAN W. KAPLAN
 Posted: Aug 8 2015, 05:27 AM

if you ever feel alone

There was now a lot of chitchat going on between the hearing people. Dan leaned back in his chair, allowing a rebellious grin to spread across his face. Jackson was here, and signing to him. Jackson! Jackson rarely wanted to talk to him these days, it seemed—not in a hostile way, but in a...#distracted way. Dan had forgotten how much he loved that carefree, ASL-fluent dude.

#nohomo. Or, #maybealittlehomo. Well, #whatever. For a moment, he felt like they were back in the good old days, full of #bromoments, masquerade balls, and trips to Australia. He was super cool with this #reunion of sorts, minus Ozzie, but you couldn’t have everything.

What did you tell him? Get a twitter?

Dan laughed silently #obviously. Bro, I’m serious, babes LOVE a good twitter. You two should see the marriage proposals I’ve gotten. He exaggerated the last few signs, hoping Mikey would catch on.

Now they were talking again. Dan fiddled with the Xbox controller, chewing on his lower lip. Being exiled from conversations had been frustrating to him at first #backintheday, but he’d gotten used to it. It wasn’t like they could help it, or anything, right? If Mikey had been hanging out with Dan and a bunch of his deaf friends from Louisiana, he’d have been exiled too, #totally. Okay, well, that was a little different, but whatever. It worked for keeping Dan’s whatever emotions at bay. #secondyearwithhearingpeople went on.

He focused his energy on attempting to read Mikey’s lips. He was talking pretty fast, and also Mikey had this really…weird accent thing that none of the other bros did, so Dan didn’t get much. He caught the word ‘comic’ several times—Mikey said that word often enough that Dan had caught on to that one. And he was clearly talking about some girl, though Dan could have figured that out easily enough from the beautiful shade of red his face had become. Ah, #younglove.

I really hope you didn't get any of that, Dan because then you probably will think less of me and we can't have that.

Not a word, Dan lied, winking cheerily. Then he caught Jackson’s eye. Tell loverlboy that it would be hard for me to think less of him after that shitshow of a zombie hunt, so he doesn’t need to worry, he signed, goofy grin only growing.

mikey and jackson
idk how many words sorry
monica dont steal
PM
^
JACKSON E. HOROWITZ
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 02:44 PM

Laughing, he signed back to Dan Hashtag here comes the bride. Dan's twitter wa probably the only twitter he enjoyed following, and he had gained quite a few followers when Dan followed him back. There was no way Jackson's twitter would ever compare to Dan's, and that was totally cool. Dan didn't have Jackson's natural charisma, which was probably a good thing considering recent events.

Jackson listened intently to Mikey's story. Carol Danvers... was... definitely... Captain Marvel? No, Ms. Marvel. He was more of a casual comic book fan, so he really wasn't sure. If it didn't have a movie out, he only had basic knowledge of it. She sounded pretty cool, and if Andie were here, she'd be coming up with a ship name for them already. Jackson, however, was not skilled at coming up with ship names, so he'd hold off on that for now. "Wow, sounds like you really like this girl," was all he had to say about it for the moment. Just kidding. "I'd say wait it out. Keep making her smile, that's always a plus. And don't try and show off your comic book knowledge, it sounds like she'll just laugh at you to be honest."

Seeing Mikey sign at the end made Jackson realize he forgot to translate for Dan, and he felt guilty. Basically he's whipped by a legit geek girl he started working with, and she's being aloof. Emphasis on 'aloof'. It was pretty bastardized but he didn't really have the time or patience to remember and sign the whole thing.

Laughing, Jackson spoke aloud, not sure if Mikey caught him signing. "Dan says it'd be hard to think less of you since he kicked your ass hunting zombies, so don't worry."

Aaaand then came the question, shit. He kind of set himself up for this one. Signing as he spoke, he looked at Dan, wondering if he knew about the picture that was all over twitter of him and Aurora kissing. "Well... the Graceson ship is steadily sinking." Mikey was gonna kill him, and he couldn't look either of them in the eye. "We've kind of been on a break." He didn't want to tell them about the cancer, since it really wasn't his to tell, but whatever. "And, I kind of... My best friend from Fairfield, Aurora, is going to Baum now." He hoped Mikey could put the pieces together, because he didn't really feel like going into any details with it... except, it was all still pretty vague. "I started drinking finally, which was totally a good thing until I made a huge drunken mistake." He said 'mistake' but part of him still didn't feel like it was. A huge part of him, actually, all of him that wasn't his conscience.

Alright, subject change time. "Anyway, how about we kill some more zombies? That sounds like fun, Dan can kick both of our asses." Right after Papa Mikey kicked his ass in real life, no doubt.

outfit | dan&mikey | how to make yourself look like an asshole 101
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll