prologue
nce upon a city is a ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
staff
credit
skin made for ouac by hedgie
table of contents
newest chapters
#/# update here

#/# update here

#/# update here

affiliates

Add Reply
New Poll

only got twenty dollars in my pocket, nahnie | thrift shopping
sienna c. porter
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 02:53 PM

• savin' money

nahnie  /  500
Gorgeous lovely day in New York City? Check.
Super cute outfit showing off her Disney side? Check.
Spectacular wonderful roommate going thrift shopping with her? Check.

This day couldn't get much better, Sienna thought, unless of course a pretty boy came up to her out of the blue and handed her a bouquet of flowers. Yeah, that would make this day pretty much a ten out of ten. It was okay, though, if nobody felt like buying her flowers today. Today was a Sienna and Nahnie day. Today was a day to visit all of her favorite little shops, old and old again because they wouldn't be visiting any new places, antique, and thrifty, and probably the best part: cheap. Her paychecks were coming in nicely, enough to keep food in the dorm refrigerator and nice clothes on her back, but it was still always a good feeling when she could avoid spending ridiculous amounts of money on an old tea set.

Like, seriously. The last antique shop she'd been to had the cutest little tea set, pot and tiny plates and cups and all, with pink flowers painted on. And it would've been hers in a heartbeat had it not been seventy dollars. Seriously! She hadn't been able to believe it at the time and when she'd asked the clerk if she was reading it right, they'd given her a nasty look and a snooty 'yes ma'am, that's right' and she'd left that place immediately. Yeah right she was spending half of her thrift shopping budget on one thing. (Yeah, okay, her budget for rusty old things was over a hundred dollars, so what? She just appreciated them, okay? Those snowglobes had been through a lot, obviously, and she admired them for being so tough).

"Nahnie, okay. I can't believe I'm saying this, but. Don't let me spend more than a hundred and fifty today." She gave her roommate a very serious look as if to show how very serious she was. She owed her sister money, anyway, and if she spent too much today, then she would've have enough to last her until her next paycheck. "Not that it should be an issue, since this is thrift shopping." Sienna paused a second to let the Macklemore song play in her head, laughing a little at herself. "But with my total lack of self-control, I mean." She stopped there, giving Nahnie another pointed look.

And then she opened the door to her third favorite store to let Nahnie go first and waved her other arm grandly, as if announcing the arrival of a princess herself. Princess Nahnie. Huh, that was kinda pretty, wasn't it? "How do you feel about Princess Nahnie? We should find you a tiara today." It only made sense to Sienna to mention it since she had just thought it. Nahnie being a princess meant Sienna could curtsy at her all the time, which would be wickedly fun to do all day.

/
PM
^
NAHNIE J. STRIDER
 Posted: Jun 18 2014, 05:39 PM

i crashed my car into a bridge
i don't care, i love it

This day was fucking fantastic.

One of Nahnie's favorite things to do was go thrift shopping, considering she could get literally so many things for her less-than-minimum-wage-and-shit-for-tips paycheck. The part she didn't save for college, at least. But college was so far away (okay, it was really closebut whatever) and Nahnie lived for today and today was thrift shopping with one of her two favorite roomies. Sienna was fun as hell to hang out with, and while things got a little crazy sometimes, Nahnie lived for things getting crazy.

She could imagine that thrift shopping today would fall under that category.

When Sienna told her about the snooty bitches at that one antique store, Nahnie almost went in there for revenge. Like seriously, there's no reason to be such assholes. What the fuck. Like, she didn't even care about the tea set price despite how ridiculous she actually thought it was, it was the attitudes that made her want to give them a piece of her mind. But she resisted, since she kind of blacked out when she got angry, and she didn't want to take it out on any innocent antiques. Wasn't there an expression or something? Well, if there was, Nahnie fit herself right into that fuckin' category.

Nahnie was so ready to step into that store and oh my god Sienna what. "Well, jesus. Don't go too overboard now, girlfriend." Nahnie was jokingly acting surprised - they've done a lot worse. She didn't even know how they fit everything into their dorm, even if it was slightly bigger than the average one, considering it housed three girls instead of the usual two. Not as big as it should have been, if you asked her, but whatevs. She smiled in that mischevious Nahnie way. "Well don't let me spend over two hundred, dumb bro is making me help pay bills." Because he's a useless piece of shit is what usually followed, but Nahnie was somehow feeling tame today. Probably a hormonal thing. Whatevs, it would pass soon enough.

"Yeah, 'cause I'm a walking poster child of self-control???" she asked sarcastically, knowing full well that she was about to go ham on this thrift store. Like, seriously, they better have some mad donations coming in soon, because she was about to empty that place out faster than a fire alarm. Except unfortunately there wouldn't actually be any fire. But it actually was fortunate because she liked this thrift store and there were other things she could "accidentally" set fire to.

Sienna was so fuckin' great, man. Making her feel like a princess, wow that was her favorite thing. Mothafuckin princess Nahnie. Yeah, bow down bitches. "I'm feelin like this should have been a thing the whole time to be honest," she said, walking tall and pretty in her high heels and princess waving to the people inside the thift store as she walked in, apathetic towards the weird glances she got. "Um hells yeah, I need a tiara. I can so put flowers on that shit and have a literal flower crown." She paused and realized what she just said. Her eyes went wide. "I seriously need this right now, oh my god. Where are the tiaras in this place, Lady Sienna??? Princess Sienna?? Royal Cutie??"

outfit • idk words • for sienna

PM
^
sienna c. porter
 Posted: Jul 13 2014, 01:07 AM

• savin' money

nahnie  /  426
Sienna could cry over her budget but today was not a day for crying, it was a day for laughing and singing and buying stuff she definitely did not need. How Heidi even put up with all the junk Sienna brought home, she'd never know. If she still lived at home with her dad and sisters, they definitely would've thrown most of it by now. Her dad had always been like that, though, telling her she didn't need more than one rocking chair, set of book series, or movie on VHS, DVD, and BluRay. Could she be blamed, though? When you find a super special edition of the Harry Potter series for half its normal price, you buy it. (Her sister ended up stealing that one from her, saying how she loved the books more anyway. Whatever).

Sienna nodded, holding out her pinkie finger. "You don't let me go over one fifty and I won't let you go over two hundred." Pinkie promises were obviously the only way to make sure both of them stuck to their budget. "Besides, I owe Shiloh money from our last movie day. She ended up buying for me and then I asked for a large popcorn and an icee, sooo..." Sorry not sorry. What were sisters for, right? Go figure that both her and Nahnie owed their dumb siblings money. What was that even about? They were the older ones, shouldn't they have been responsible and shit? "You raise a good point," she laughed, realizing then it might not have been best to ask Nahnie of all people to keep her in check.

With a wide grin, Sienna followed her highness Nahnie into the store as Nahnie showed off one of the most excellent princess waves she'd ever seen. Sienna almost wished she wore high heels just so she could look like she was strutting down a runway, but oh well, at least she knew she wouldn't fall over in her nice solid boots. "Yes, yes definitely! I want one, too! Will you make me one? Sienna had to work really hard to keep her laugh from being obnoxiously loud. Nahnie realizing things was great. Ohhh, Royal Cutie, how adorable was that!

"Follow Lady Sienna this way, your highness, to the collection of glittering crowns." She led the way to one corner of the store, gesturing as if surrounded by peasants who should be making way for the royals (royals, it did run in their blood).

/
PM
^
NAHNIE J. STRIDER
 Posted: Jul 24 2014, 05:01 PM

i don't care, i love it

"Deal," Nahnie said, pinkie promising her. Wow, they were twelve and she loved it. They were cool twelve years old, not the ones who pretended to be cool on the internet or tried to sacrifice their friend to Slenderman. Those best friend twelve year olds that had sleepover in printed pajamas and bedazzled fucking everything and had pillowfights and shittily put makeup on each other. If those were like a thing, Nahnie and Sienna were that type of pair.

What the fuck was she even thinking about right now.

Nahnie kind of wished she had a sister instead, not a lazy asshole brother. Or maybe if her brother was actually a cool brother like he used to be, teaching her about crazy shit and defying their parents until the day they died. But then he became a loser, and Nahnie figured it was because he felt bad about Mom and Dad, since he was shitty to them. That's partially why she vowed never to feel bad about anything. If would probably helped if he talked about it, but he didn't. Nahnie felt an overload of pity for him, but he needed to buck up and take control of his life, for real.

She was not staying focused, and that was starting to get annoying, fuck.

Nahnie winked at Sienna for confirming her good point (of course it was a fuckin good point, it was Nahnie), and looked around the store, noting in the back of her mind that the people had stopped staring, and noting where things were. Clothing, furniture, household items. "Girl, of course I'll make you one. We can make Queen Heidi one too." She grinned, hell yeah Queen Heidi, bow down bitches. Didn't-have-time-for-your-emotional-bullshit Heidi. Nahnie loved her lot, okay.

"Ah, many thanks Lady Sienna. We shall select three glorious crowns for three royal ladies." It totally ran in their blood.

"Holy shit," she said, immeditely dropping her shitty royal fancytalk when she saw the crowns, jesus take the wheel, she needed someone to lean on. They were gorgeous fake plastic crowns, and a few of them had really nice detail, wow. She saw maybe one fake plastic rhinestone missing overall, and that was amazing, considering that this was a thrift store.

So naturally, Nahnie started picking up all of them. Well, all of them that she could easily attach flowers to.

"I hate to break it to you, but we're going to have to extend our royal family." She held out the crowns that she picked up, displaying them on her arms. "Pick one for you," she said with a smile.

outfit • idk words • for sienna

PM
^
sienna c. porter
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 02:13 AM

• savin' money

nahnie  /  436
Sienna wasn't even sure the last time she pinkie promised with somebody, but wow did it feel good. Sure, she'd promised Shiloh plenty of things like sure i'll pay you back in time and of course i'll give this back, but none of those had been pinky promises! And maybe that was why she never stuck to them quite as well. Maybe she should start making pinky promises with Shiloh again, just like back in the good 'ol days. Doing this with Nahnie sure felt like they were sisters which was totally awesome and great. She would love having Nahnie as a sister, but maybe if she didn't already have six of them.

Having been here a handful (or maybe two handfuls) of times, Sienna knew the store layout pretty well. The section of clothes wasn't at all organized by size, but instead by color, which she thought was hella cute. The house things were done by room and she'd always like the kitchen area in particular because there were so many coffee pots, it was hilarious. "Oh, Queen Heidi, but of course!" The very idea that their royal trio was led by Heidi was probably the best idea yet. The girl was definitely the most mature out of them and if Sienna had to vote, it would definitely be Heidi.

Stifling a laugh at Nahnie's reaction, Sienna hung back a bit to let Nahnie have her moment. Sienna had seen the collection of tiaras and crowns before, though it had been awhile since her last visit, so perhaps there were new ones to pick from! Inching closer, she looked from around Nahnie since she wasn't actually tall enough to look over her shoulder, Sienna admired the tiaras. She'd always liked the aquamarine and teal colored jewels, though amethyst and emerald were so pretty, too. Oh, she was definitely getting starry-eyed.

Sienna laughed and stepped back, looking at the crowns Nahnie had picked out. "I know at least three of my sisters would be all for joining our royal family, especially if it means getting pretty flower tiaras out of it." Nahnie had really great taste (which wasn't at all surprising, she had it when it came to pretty much everything, so of course it translated to crowns as well). "I have to pick one?" Sienna did a quick count and took half of them from Nahnie. "I'll buy these and you buy the others, yeah?" That way they could get all of them but not spend too much money. Problem solved!

/
PM
^
NAHNIE J. STRIDER
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 01:58 AM

i don't care, i love it

"Hmm..." Nahnie considered for a moment. "Your sisters are cool and everything, but I'm feeling like maybe we should pick cool people from Baum. So we can like plan a day where we all wear them and look fine as fuck," she shrugged, not really caring either way, but actually she totally did because how cool would it be to have a bunch of her friends walking around in rad flower crowns?? Pretty fucking cool. Like, ice cold. Alright alright alright alright -

Um, what the fuck. "Nah, these are like, what, a dollar a piece?" She tool them back from Sienna and shrugged yet again. "I can handle this and you can get a bunch of cute clothes we can share or something." She smiled and took that chance to look over at the collection clothes, which looked cute today. But she needed to focus on these flower crowns, which would require - ugh - fake flowers. She normally was against using fake flowers, but for this purpose, they would be a lot easier to handle and would last longer, just like their reign over everything awesome.

Luckily, there was a bunch of fake bouquets of phony flowers in the aisle right next to the fake crowns. She slid over there and started pulling out choice colors and types. It was a little difficult because of the crown sleeves she was wearing, but she soon had a nice supply. And if she didn't have enough, she could always just get them from a craft store.

Down the same aisle were a bunch of knick-knacks and she only halfway resisted the urge to no nevermind she needed all of them. "Oh my god, look at all this cute stuff. I'm gonna die." There were snowglobes and figurines and lamps anf oh my god was that a floral lampshade??? It would go so well with her black skull lamp and oh my god what a cool candleabra and sweet jesus that headless horseman figurine??? Soon it was clear to her that there was no way she could carry all of this, and the dreaded words needed to be spoken, despite the cries and protests of her wallet. "We're gonna need a cart."

outfit • not a lot of words • for sienna

PM
^
sienna c. porter
 Posted: Jun 25 2015, 04:59 AM

• savin' money

nahnie  /  430
"Oh." Sienna didn't exactly 100% agree that her sisters were cool and everything but she was glad for Nahnie to brush that idea aside cause Sienna had kinda regretted it right after she said. No way her sisters deserved flower crowns and it was actually something she didn't want to share with them. Flower crowns were a Nannie thing and only people Nahnie deemed worthy could have them. "Oh!!" she said again, with much more enthusiasm than last time. Now that was a good idea. ""Yes, I love that, let's do that!!"

Nahnie took the crowns back and Sienna was already half reaching again for them before Nahnie suggested she buy cute clothes instead and Sienna was instantly sold. One of her favorite things in the whole world was sharing clothes with friends!! Just the idea of having a sort of matching wardrobe and the confusion on people's faces made her giddy with excitement. This, of course, was the complete opposite when it came to wearing her hand me downs from her sisters, which was probably the whole reason she had such an obsession with graphic tees and shorts now; it was solely her own style. ""Does that mean Stella and Eddie in flower crowns?!" she asked, bringing the conversation right back to potential flower crown squad students.

While Nahnie went for the fake flowers, her arms clacking with crowns, Sienna moved towards the nearby racks of clothes. She went for darker colors for Nahnie's sake but upon finding the section of floral prints, her arms were suddenly unapologetically laden with clothes. ... Well, shit. Why did everything have to be in her size today?! She normally never had luck finding clothes she liked that would also fit her and go figure on the one day she had a budget. She turned to find Nahnie had moved further down the same aisle and had fell victim to lots and lots of cute things.

"Nahnie, nooooo," Sienna laughed, joining her roomie and shifting the clothes on her arms as if it would lessen the weight. ""We still have two more shops to visit!" Not that she had been very good at resisting grabbing too many things either. "If you had to pick one...?" Sienna suggested, looking at her pile of clothes and trying to decide on what she could go without. The obvious solution would be checking the price tags to see what was affordable but Sienna knew sometimes even that didn't work.

/
PM
^
NAHNIE J. STRIDER
 Posted: Jul 9 2015, 12:36 PM

i don't care, i love it

Nice, she loved the idea. Mostly because it was a fucking great idea, but those were all of her ideas mostly. She gave her a look when she tried to reach back for the crowns but luckily she took the bait on the clothes idea and Nahnie was glad to get some more graphic tees to share with her roomie (because, honestly, she had the cutest graphic tees ever).

Nahnie stopped whatever she was doing and immediately turned to Sienna with a serious look on her face, and she would have grabbed her face if she didn't think she'd take one of her eyes out with the crowns. "Yes. That would be... stellar." Unapologetic as usual, she went back to whatever she was doing without hesitation and figured that she would definitely make them matching ones because god DAMN that would be cute, holy shit.

The fake flowers were nice but the knick-knacks were just... holy fucking shit she was mesmerized and Sienna came over and Nahnie was dying and just. "But Sienna, have you considered, yeeeesss?" she said, a little but of whining but not enough to lessen her dignity. "Besides, my arms are getting tired and so are yours so. I just. We need a cart. I'm sorry but. I can't just pick one of these things. Look at how neat they are." She picked up a small fake-marble statue of a lady that looked kinda sad but still really beautiful. "Would Heidi not love this?" she asked, and then leaned her head on the headless horseman figurine with a tiny pouty lip. "Sienna, please. I need all of these. We need all of these."

outfit • for sienna • but shit it was 99 cents

PM
^
sienna c. porter
 Posted: Jul 14 2015, 04:14 AM

• savin' money

nahnie  /  440
Looking through her pile of clothes was doing the opposite of helping. Among all the floral prints were some cute graphic tees too and Sienna had been in desperate need of some new ones (okay, not really 'new' but new to her!). Besides, how could she let Nahnie go without wearing them as well, since Nahnie sometimes rocked the look better than Sienna could ever hope to?

Laughing at Nahnie's emphasis on the word Stellar and nodding along happily, Sienna could only wait at this point to see what designs Nahnie had in mind. Sienna wished Stellar and flower crowns were her thing but that belonged to Nahnie and her friend Aurora. That was okay because Sienna had thrift shopping and cute boys (even though they disagreed) with Nahnie. Besides, Stellar made her kind of sad, seeing as she hadn't had anything like that, and she was older than both of him. Selfish, but she couldn't help it.

"I have considered yes," Sienna answered, looking around for a cart nearby instead of having to go to the front of the store. Her arms were getting tired. Gosh, Nahnie was so right. Sienna looked back to Nahnie as she picked up a statue. Mentioning Heidi made Sienna think they needed this stuff even less because Heidi wouldn't be happy about all of it in their room. She had been ready to say something but Nahnie looked so cute leaning on the headless horseman, pouty lips and all. "Okaaayy," she gave in, hesitating a little.

Any hesitation she had went out the window, though, when she glanced passed Nahnie to the table, and spotted a figurine. It hurt her heart in the best way possible. She reached by and picked it up, frowning. The mermaid looked like she had had pink hair at some point but the green of her tail was still vibrant as ever. It reminded Sienna so much of her mom that she might have cried right then. Adding it to the top of her pile of clothes, Sienna gave a quick head shake to feel better, and smiled at Nahnie.

"You're right, I'm going to get a cart right now!" Sienna turned and marched back down the aisle to the front of the store where she dumped her clothes into a basket, and set the mermaid figurine in the front. Pushing it back to Nahine, she helped to put all the crownd and flowers and statues on top of the clothes or in the child seat as well. "What else?" she asked, looking around.

/
PM
^
NAHNIE J. STRIDER
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 02:50 PM

i don't care, i love it

N i c e. Sienna was so going to get a cart, Nahnie was victorious. Heidi was going to fucking kill them, but Nahnie couldn't let that bring her down or discourage her from buying literally everything on this shelf that looked cool. She didn't live in the future or the past, but in the present, and that was Nahnie's greatest fucking gift. Besides, Heidi so loved them and everything they did always. Yep.

Nahnie looked at the way Sienna looked at the little mermaid figurine, and wondered what she was thinking about. Something nostalgic and sad, probably, but there was no way Nahnie was going to ask because that would bring the whole atmosphere of this shopping trip down probably, and she was not about that shit. Plus, she looked like she didn't want to talk about it possibly maybe, so Nahnie kept her mouth shut.

"Yaaaaaas," Nahnie said as she watched Sienna march her adorable ginger self down the aisle and to the carts. Honestly, she would have applauded if her arms weren't full of shit she was going to buy, and she set everything in the cart, thanking Sienna for the help with a kiss blown in her direction, and looked around for more stuff. "Oh my goood." She practically sprinted over to the old records and movies and books, looking back at Sienna. "I need to look through these right now immediately." Fuck, there was some good old shit here.

outfit • for sienna • short as f uc k

PM
^
sienna c. porter
 Posted: Aug 22 2015, 02:43 AM

• savin' money

nahnie  /  400
Sienna laughed, answering back with her own "yaaaaaas," because it was probably currently her favorite thing to say. It drove three out of her six sisters insane which was all the more reason to use it. Shiloh literally looked like murdering her every time Sienna started it, whether it was a whisper or a shout. Whatever, her sisters were boring and they didn't get it, but Nahnie did and that was all that mattered. She wondered if they could make a Vine or something using Nahnie's phone. With Macklemore's 'Thrift Shop' as background music, of course.

Sienna caught the blown kiss and pressed it to her heart, giggling a little bit. Any affection was good affection, to be honest, and Sienna kind of craved it constantly. Sienna took care of cart pushing duties as Nahnie took off again towards the old records, films, and books this time. Figuring she should try and be a liiiiitle bit more stern this time since they did still have two more shops to visit, Sienna tried to resist being tempted herself. "Look, yes," Sienna agreed, going for the movies because she was a sucker for anything pre-2000s. "Buy... ehhh..." Yeesh, she was bad at this! Sifting through the DVDs didn't take long because she wasn't as interested in them. She still had a VCR player for a reason, which was why the VHS movies held her attention much easier.

Shit, this just got much more difficult to fight against. Scooping the movies into her arms, Sienna turned to Nahnie and half-joking said, "how badly do I need the first four Land Before Time movies on VHS?" They were classics, okay, and so what if she had she only seen the first two?! Her eyes wandered back to the setup and she swore out loud, earning a glare from an older woman nearby. Sienna returned the look with one of her own, making a point to put the movies back as noisily as possible.

She then grabbed what had caught her eye and held it up for Nahnie to see. "Or!" she exclaimed, knowing she was going to regret this because Nahnie would tell her 'both,' "this DVD box set of all thirteen?!" Jesus Christ, how had this franchise gotten to thirteen movies without her knowing?! At least the books and records hadn't caught her attention yet.

/
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll