prologue
nce upon a city is a ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
staff
credit
skin made for ouac by hedgie
table of contents
newest chapters
#/# update here

#/# update here

#/# update here

affiliates

Add Reply
New Poll

harder, better, faster, stronger, stella
CHAZ J. WARREN
 Posted: Nov 14 2015, 05:32 PM

Na-na-na that that don't kill me Can only make me stronger I need you to hurry up now 'Cause I can't wait much longer I know I got to be right now 'Cause I can't get much wronger Man I've been waitin' all night now That's how long I've been on you I need you right now I need you right now Me likey I don't know if you got a man or not, If you made plans or not If God put me in your plans or not I'm trippin' this drink got me sayin' a lot But I know that God put you in front of me So how the hell could you front on me? There's a thousand you's, there's only one of me I'm trippin', I'm caught up in the moment right? Cause it's Louis Vuitton Don night So we gon' do everything that Kan like Heard they'd do anything for a Klondike Well, I'd do anything for a blonde-**** And she'll do anything for the limelight And we'll do anything when the time's right Ugh, baby, you're makin' it (harder, better, faster, stronger) I need you right now I need you right now You know how long I've been on you? Since Prince was on Appolonia Since OJ had Isotoners Don't act like I never told you Don't act like I never told you Don't act like I never told you Don't act like I never told you Don't act like I never told you Don't act like I never told you Baby, you're making it (harder, better, faster, stronger) Na-na-na that that don't kill me Can only make me stronger I need you to hurry up now 'Cause I can't wait much longer I know I got to be right now 'Cause I can't get much wronger Man I've been waitin' all night

Work it, make it, do it, makes us harder, better, faster, stronger

Chaz lost count of how many times he had run around the track. It was part of his workout routine to run for half an hour, and that was almost up. His iPod would notify him when his time was up, so he wasn't worried about that. It just woulda been cool to keep tracks of how many laps he ran in tht thirty minutes. Guess he just got caught up in Kanye and Pitbull and Usher and everyone on his running playlist. Which was the song "Stronger" by Kanye West a fuckton of times with other songs scattered in between, because come on, that song was fucking perfect for working out. Kanye was a God among men, in both Chaz and Kanye's opinions.

Chaz mostly blasted his music to keep his mind off of shit he didn't wanna think about, which wasn't that much. Just hot dudes mostly. Which were off-limits to the Totally Hetero Chaz Warren, no homo dude. Couldn't even claim Full Bi. Whatever. Fuck society, man, but he wasn't gonna just tell everyone he was half gay or whatever. That'd fuck up his image. Yeah, it might appeal to some minority sympathizers or whatever, but he didn't need sympathy to hit on chicks. He had his looks and his charm, and honestly, what else did someone need to get laid? A personality? Ha, yeah right.

Anyway, his time was up, so he ran the rest of the way to the bleachers where he had his water and towel to dry off all the sweat that had accumluated on his face and his bare chest. Yeah, he ran shirtless. Had to show off the muscles he worked so fucking hard to achieve, like damn. It wasn't all for nothing here. Besides, a lot of hot athletic ladies came to the gym, and he was on top of that whole scene. Fuck yeah. Hot athletic ladies were probably his favorite class of hot ladies.

Speak of the devil, here was one now.

Stella Hines was probably the only (heterosexual) female athlete that he hadn't gotten with. She was pretty much labeled Unattainable by most of the guys, but Chaz always liked a challenge. Sure, she had that one scrawny ass nerd who might have been her boyfriend or whatever, but that wasn't going to stop him. What was he gonna do about it? Bore him to death? The only thing that stopped him from going over to her dorm for Netflix and chill the other night was Nahnie Strider, who could have definitely kicked his ass, though he'd never admit it.

Stella was probably gonna run, though. She was a hell of a runner (which anyone could tell from her fine ass legs), the fastest in the school, and Chaz had just finished his own run, but maybe he could keep up with her. "Yo, Stella," he called, sprinting over to her. "Remember me? I'm Chaz, from the chat the other night. 'Sup?" he leaned on the wall next to her, totally not flexing and showing off his muscles, what.

stella

#fuckboy
PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Nov 18 2015, 12:24 AM

Stella hadn’t gone running in a couple of days.

That wouldn’t really be a big deal except Stella ran every day, twice a day, at the very least. Lots of things had been happening, though. Stellar had officially set sail. Finals were on their way because fall break was starting soon. Her mother was planning a big dinner for Thanksgiving because they had family visiting from Arizona and Stella was expected to be there. That was fine except for the part where they would inevitably ask about her relationship status and her mom would mortify her by spilling everything even though it would be Stella’s story to tell. Oh, and it was getting cold.

Which was actually, obviously, the number one reason she hadn’t been running as much. Sure, running kept her warm as long as she kept moving and avoided the shade of trees and buildings. Yeah, running was her favorite pastime and she felt indescribable joy while taking part in the activity. The cold weather, however, was near the top of the list of things she didn’t like, and if not running meant staying inside to keep cozy, then she could deal with that. Lots of her time had been spent lately with Eddie, anyway, doing stupid cute couple things. It was nice and she liked it a lot and it wasn’t like it had kept her from running, she had just preferred it at the time. Which was really saying something…

Okay, but all of that didn’t matter in this very moment, because she was finally back on the track at Baum, and she was ready to spend the next however-long-it-took to make up for the last few days. It wasn’t too cold at least and she felt fine in her usual running gear of leggings and a tank top. She was wearing brand new tennis shoes and she’d been bouncing on her heels any time she stood still since she’d put them on. They felt nice and comfy and were bright blue and they matched her hair extension and she was pretty damn happy. Her playlist was ready to go, filled with new songs that Eddie had been showing her, and she was so ready to get her run on.

Except somebody was saying her name. Stella glanced up from her iPod to see a slightly familiar face. Also he was shirtless. And she was blushing. Stella made a point to keep her eyes on his. Wow. Okay. Nope. This was fine. β€œHey,” she said, clearing her throat a little, and pocketing her music player. Oh. Chaz. Oh. Okay, this was fine, she wasn’t awkward, she could totally handle this. Handle what?????? Why was she freaking out? Thankfully, he asked her a question that kicked her usual sass into gear. Looking down at her very-obvious-running-outfit, Stella made eye contact with him again, putting her hands on her hips. β€œI dunno. Yoga. Pumpkin spice lattes. Vague Instagram captions.” #BasicWhiteGirl.

Yup, that felt better. Stella wondered if he had already gone running and if he had, if he wouldn’t mind joining her for hers. Not that she didn’t mind talking to him; she just minded standing still while talking to him. β€œThink you can keep up?” It was the most challenging she had ever sounded with anybody that wasn’t Eddie. Right yes Eddie, Stella reminded herself, as her gaze wandered, and she needed to run like right now. The least she could do was wait at least to see if he was up for it, though. She supposed she could wait a few more minutes. Learning to be polite was a new thing for her and it wasn’t easy.

chaz >:)
ELLIE
PM
^
CHAZ J. WARREN
 Posted: Dec 2 2015, 12:17 AM

Na-na-na that that don't kill me Can only make me stronger I need you to hurry up now 'Cause I can't wait much longer I know I got to be right now 'Cause I can't get much wronger Man I've been waitin' all night now That's how long I've been on you I need you right now I need you right now Me likey I don't know if you got a man or not, If you made plans or not If God put me in your plans or not I'm trippin' this drink got me sayin' a lot But I know that God put you in front of me So how the hell could you front on me? There's a thousand you's, there's only one of me I'm trippin', I'm caught up in the moment right? Cause it's Louis Vuitton Don night So we gon' do everything that Kan like Heard they'd do anything for a Klondike Well, I'd do anything for a blonde-**** And she'll do anything for the limelight And we'll do anything when the time's right Ugh, baby, you're makin' it (harder, better, faster, stronger) I need you right now I need you right now You know how long I've been on you? Since Prince was on Appolonia Since OJ had Isotoners Don't act like I never told you Don't act like I never told you Don't act like I never told you Don't act like I never told you Don't act like I never told you Don't act like I never told you Baby, you're making it (harder, better, faster, stronger) Na-na-na that that don't kill me Can only make me stronger I need you to hurry up now 'Cause I can't wait much longer I know I got to be right now 'Cause I can't get much wronger Man I've been waitin' all night

Damn, she was sassy as hell, which Chaz was totally not into at all, what. Hint: he definitely was, and he smirked. "Something tells me you're not that kind of girl." God, he hated basic white girls. They were only good for one thing. Stella didn't seem like that, especially considering she didn't even know what "Netflix and chill" was.

He felt a sudden chill run down his back when he remembered what happened in the chat. Nahnie was terrifying and he was pretty sure she'd kill him if she found out he was still trying to get at Stella. Luckily, she wasn't here. The gym thankfully wasn't her scene, though he definitely lowkey did a once around to check, 'cause you never know.

A challenge? Man, he really liked this chick, and it gave him an extra boost of confidence his ego definitely didn't need. If she was purposely creating sexual tension (and who wasn't, with that kind of statement), she obviously didn't care that much about her nerdy ass boyfriend. Chaz had this in the bag.

"Only one way to find out," he said, not wanting to come off as the arrogant bastard he actually was. Plus, he wasn't all too confident that he could actually keep up with her. Stella Hines was the fastest runner at Baum, and he prepared to run with her.

stella

i hate him
PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Dec 2 2015, 05:24 PM

That something would be right,” Stella answered, feeling weirdly glad that he realized Stella was in fact not a #BasicWhiteGirl. “Although I guess I do have the tendency to let my inner hipster out through Insta.” Could she be blamed with the pictures she took, though? If she took pretty shots of the sunrises or sunsets, of course she was going to go overboard with the hashtags. People deserved to see them and okay so maybe she was subtly competing with Carley McIntyre on who could get the most likes. Carley probably didn’t even know because Stella was probably barely a blip on her radar, but whatever. Okay, wow, she was definitely sounding a little Basic now. She wasn’t even sure what she could do to focus on something else though because Chaz was still standing (shirtless) in front of her. And she was kind of bouncing on her feet again, eager to get going.

Stella full on grinned at him, feeling more pumped for this than she had for anything in a while. It wasn't often Stella got to race outside of track. Not… that this was a race. Just her usual jog around the track with some company who may or may not be able to keep up with her. Maybe she’d go easy on him. … Okay, that was hilarious. Very funny, Stella, don’t be mean. Shrugging and pulling her hair into a ponytail, Stella stepped off the sidelines and onto the track. “Ready when you are,” she said, almost lazily, and definitely with way too much confidence. She let him count it down and she took off pretty much immediately after. She worried briefly about how well she’d do since it had been so long since she had last run. A couple days probably wasn’t a lot but to Stella Hines it was.

It took her only a second to get back into it, having grown used to moving slowly with Eddie lately, since they had been spending even more time than usual together. Which she hadn’t thought possible but here they were. She liked it, obviously, but it didn’t really suit her. Running without her music in was a little bothersome but she supposed it was nice being able to hear all the nature around her. And by nature, she meant the traffic, mostly. And a pair of feet following her. Oh, right, she was running with Chaz. Turning around so that she was moving backwards now and just a tad bit slower, Stella smiled at him, not feeling breathless just yet. “Not bad, but I’m a little out of practice right now.” Then again, her out of practice was still better than most of her teammates’ usual.

Yikes, she was being unnecessarily mean. Good thing her filter seemed to be in check and she wasn’t saying any of these things out loud. She hoped Chaz hadn’t found her obnoxious or rude yet since that seemed to be everybody’s first impression of her. She hadn’t exactly been trying to work on that so she shouldn’t have been surprised that it still happened so often. “Did you already go around today?” She would assume so but she hadn’t seen him when she had arrived. Must’ve been distracted or something.

ELLIE
PM
^
CHAZ J. WARREN
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 02:05 PM

Of course he was right. Chaz was always right, it was his non-fatal flaw. Though she had said the 'something' was right, it was close enough to stroke his ego. "Nice. Maybe we should follow each other." Chaz's insta was just shirtless pictures of him and a bunch of pictures of all his fancy things. Like a meld of #richkidsofinstagram and guys who need everyone to know they work out.

Chaz grinned right back at Stella, winking. "I'm always ready." The run earlier luckily hadn't tired him out too much, and his peaked interest in Stella defintely boosted his energy. Getting ready, getting set, going. Right after he counted down, he pretty much knew he had maybe bitten off more than he could chew with this race thing. Though he wasn't too far behind, it did kind of irk him that he couldn't even keep up with a girl. If they were lifting weights though, he thought, he's probably demolish her. Which lead to some nasty thoughts that gave him even more determination to keep up.

The sass, though. Chaz was into it, sure, but his ego was very fragile. "Oh really?" he said, more breathlessly than he meant it, and sprinted to get slightly ahead of her while she was slowed down. Strength, not speed, was more his thing. Also, dick moves were definitely his thing, which was what he just pulled with that one. She was going to win anyway, but not without a fight from Chaz.

"Yeah," he called back, smirking. This was not a good idea, but - wait. It was Chaz's idea, so of course it was a good idea! Waiting for her to inevitably catch up and take the lead, Chaz absorbed the satisfaction the temporary lead gave him for however long it would last.

stella

=)
PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Jan 5 2016, 06:39 AM

Stella nodded a little too eagerly. Honestly, though, she really liked following new people, especially if they were from her school, and... okay, to be even more honest, she always appreciated an extra number to her steadily rising number of followers. It certainly had something to do with her stupid stunts that usually made it to Vine first, but she liked to think her photos of the sunrises, of New York in all its quiet morning glory, of sneaky candids of friends, had something to do with it as well. She wasn't sure what Chaz's Instagram was like and she hadn't any ideas but she didn't mind. She made sure to like every photo on her feed regardless, and usually had fun commenting with stupid emojis while she was at it. Truthfully, Stella was a lot like your grandmother posting unnecessary comments on your Facebook post.

A hum of approval was all she gave him before he counted down and she felt herself brimming with more energy than when she'd arrived to the track. It was probably just all pent up from her days of not running but it just as well could have been the prospect of a ra-- chall... friendly jog. Right. Just. A nice little run. Stella reminded herself again that even though she had sort of dared Chaz to keep up with her, that it wasn't any sort of competition. That wouldn't have been fair to him, anyway, since she would win so easily. ... Wow, she really needed to get out of that mindset. Especially since he had the nerve to over take her while she wasn't paying quite enough attention. Her shoulders bunched up as she faced forward again, stamping down the down the urge to call him a cheater.

She caught up easily, as Stella usually did, and felt annoyed suddenly at the height he had on her. All she could do was curse her mother for being so short. "Feeling alright?" she asked, grinning, sounding much more teasing than she meant to. It was a sudden change in emotions seeing as she had been feeling annoyed and slightly taken advantage of only a moment ago, but that was Stella for you. She never could seem to get her emotions in control, not that she had ever tried to. Eddie did enough of that for the both of them. Oh right, Eddie, she swore internally, reminding herself again of her boyfriend and how the very person she was running with right now had invited her to Netflix and Chill, and wow she really needed to sort out her thoughts.

The painted white line was closer suddenly than she realized and Stella picked up her pace, making sure to cross it first. Race or not, Stella didn't haven any intentions on losing. "Think you're up for round two?" She asked, not allowing herself to stop moving just yet. She bounced on her feet, heel toe heel toe, to keep herself limber, but to also help slow her beating heart gradually.

lemme know if this is ok, i can edit it if not?
i just wasn't sure how long the actual run should last lmao
ELLIE
PM
^
CHAZ J. WARREN
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 10:54 AM

"Just fine," he said, though he didn't sound like it. Though very much in shape, Chaz was sure he was going to feel this later and he was running out of breath. She was teasing him, though, which just fueled his fire and kept him going. You could go after his friends, his family, but never his ego. Chaz was always looking out for #1 and honestly, that was it. His ego. Himself. Whatever.

Stella won their impromptu race, but Chaz was only a few seconds behind, and he slowed down, taking in deep breaths and feeling his heart race faster than he had been running. He wasn't worried, though, because this feeling was usually what kept him going while he was working out.

Her question took him for a moment. This wasn't generally the context that he got asked that question in, but... this time the answer might have been no. He was pretty fuckin winded, and Chaz knew his limits. "Sure, but... let's chill for a minute," he said, sitting back on the bleachers, stretching out to show off his muscles, because what else would Chaz do?

Stella seemed to still have the energy, but hell if Chaz was going to lose again. He'd lose anyway, but he could at least do it with some amount of dignity. "So... I guess you are the fastest runner in the school." he said with a smirk, trying not to be too obvious about checking her out. "Must be what your great legs were meant for," he offered, a genuine compliment and definitely not Chaz outwardly flirting with some other dude's girl. "I'm more of a weight-lifter myself," he added, flexing his biceps.

stella

#sux
PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Mar 18 2016, 03:02 AM

They really needed to find a way for Stella to put all her excess energy to good use. Sure, solar panels and windmills were great and all, but Stella was pretty sure she could hop on one of those pedal bikes and power some sort of electronic for a few hours. And she honestly wouldn't mind doing something like that as long as they gave her some music to listen to or something to keep her distracted. She just always wanted to move and it was the worst during class, or tutoring with Eddie -- and there were some nights she just couldn't sleep. There were other reasons she couldn't sleep but she was pretty sure that was the number one reason, or it was the one she wanted to think effected her the most. The other causes weren't really things she liked to think about often. Bouncing still on her feet, Stella looked out towards the empty track, and then up at the sky, and then back to Chaz.

Yeah, okay, she supposed she could chill for a minute.

Stella stood standing for a moment longer, trying to get rid of whatever extra energy she had. It was obviously something she would like to have when she hit the track again but running really wasn't an issue for her, whether she was tired or not. It was in her blood. The day Stella couldn't run was the day hell froze over, probably. She tried to avert her gaze, truthfully, but it didn't help that Stella felt rude to not look at people while they were talking, and this particular person was shirtless and really good looking and-- okay, what was her problem today?! Hoping it wasn't obvious how much she was blushing, Stella shrugged, as if to brush off the compliment. "I mean," Nahnie had started their first ever conversation with news of Stella breaking a record. Ever since sophomore year, though, Stella had become much less full of herself and she was much more modest than she used to be.

Stella sat down next to him, not paying attention to personal boundaries as per usual Stella behavior and likely sitting closer than she ought to. She was definitely blushing this time, not even sure how to take a compliment like that. "They really aren't... I'm not..." Stella shut herself up, tugging at the end of her ponytail, feeling slightly (read: very) embarrassed. It was one thing to say nice things about her accomplishments but another entirely about her appearance. The only two things she really appreciated about her look was her hair and her freckles. Happy for a change in conversation, Stella turned to face Chaz, looking genuinely curious when she asked, "what's your best?" It could have been worded better but Stella wasn't one for lifting weights and she didn't want to phrase the question wrong.

ELLIE
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll