prologue
nce upon a city is a ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
staff
credit
skin made for ouac by hedgie
table of contents
newest chapters
#/# update here

#/# update here

#/# update here

affiliates

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

oh... well imagine..., boston | stella
EDGAR M. BROOKE
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 02:22 PM

IDK WORDS

STELLA

I think I might've inhaled you I can feel you behind my eyes You've gotten into my bloodstream I can feel you flowing in me The spaces in between Two minds and all the places they have been The spaces in between I try to put my finger on it I try to put my finger on it I think I might've inhaled you

The trip there wasn't terrible at all, and went better than Eddie expected. They left right after school so they could get there by evening on that Friday. The wedding and reception were on Saturday, and they would go back to New York on Sunday. Eddie's car worked just fine, which he was a little worried about because he didn't use it that often, but it was a nice car. He told Stella to bring her iPod so they could alternate music, and hers wasn't too bad.

They stopped a few times along the way, but still the trip only wound up being a little over four hours. They got to Eddie's house by 9:45. Eddie hadn't been there for a while, but despite that, everything seemed familiar. Well, except for the obnoxious decorations and the extra hands. A valet took his car and another unfamiliar man took his and Stella's things. This was going to be ridiculous, hhe could tell already. There was no way Leslie Brooke would let her favorite niece have a simple, boring wedding. He could almost smell the extravagance in the air, or maybe that was the lilac bushes they apparently planted just for the occasion.

Lilac and white were the colors, it seemed, because those colors were everywhere. The hired hands were wearing white button downs with lilac bowties and black pants. He couldn't see his mom yet, but he knew she would probably be wearing lilac, even before the lilac bridesmaid's dress she would be wearing. He wondered if hers would be slightly different since she was the matron of honor. He would just have to wait and see.

"So, uh, yeah. This is the place." He still hadn't told Stella that this was definitely his house that his parents owned and that he lived in when he wasn't at Baum, and he still wasn't one-hundred-percent sure when a good time to bring that up was. He was just about to find some other words to string together to fill the void when another person in a lilac bowtie came up to him. "Right this way," he said, motioning for them to follow him into the threshold.

It was a lot to take in, the foyer. Usually it was large and empty, but now it was filled with decorations and people. People with drinks chatting in circles and hugging and reuniting with family members they only saw at weddings and funerals. He recognized some faces from family photo albums and previous gatherings, but some were young and new so he assumed those were Shelly's sorority sisters and other college friends. And obviously, there were many unfamiliar faces that he assumed to be her fiance's family.

But what he was focused on most was the woman in the lilac sundress fluttering about, making sure everyone was satisfied with their pre-wedding experience. "Fuck," he whispered under his breath, realizing she was coming this way. "Hey, look over here," he said to Stella, turning to avoid the situation, but it was too late. She had spotted him.

"Edgar!!! Edgar, darling!!!" she yelled, and eyes turned to him and Stella. Oh god, why did he invite Stella again? This was going to be the most embarrassing moment of his life, probably. The woman finally reached them and he turned back to face her with a forced smile. "Edgar, dear, I've missed you so much!" she said, and squeezed the life out of him.

"I missed you too, Mom," he managed to say, though he was pretty sure he was going to suffocate and die at any moment and kind of wished he would, but unfortunately she released him before his face turned blue.

"And this must be your girlfriend!" she said, going to give Stella a hug, too. "No, Mom, she's just a friend. This is Stella. Stella, this is my mother, Leslie." He wanted to die.

"Stella? The Stella I've heard so much about?" Oh god. "Yes, my friend Stella." She looked at him with mischief in her eyes and he was pretty sure he had already died and gone to Hell, which apparently existed. "Well I'm glad you brought her home to meet us, finally!"

PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 04:49 PM

what a beautiful wedding
Things had so far gone pretty well for two reasons: she'd napped the first half hour and she'd woken up to Radioactive playing through the speakers. She wasn't sure if it was her music or Eddie's but it made her happy either way and she went right from half-drowsy to yelling along. Whether Eddie was annoyed by it or not she would never know because she was so focused on singing to the drivers they passed. It was all sorts of fun. The few stops they made for gas or snacks were almost just as fun because she teased Eddie a lot, joking about buying a bunch of mountain dew and candy, just to be even more energetic and obnoxious by the time they got to Boston.

She ended up crashing again during the last hour. Car rides were a little better than traveling by airplane, at least, but there were only so many songs she could sing along to and only so many road trip games they could play. (They were both apparently really good at I Spy). It was dark when she woke up and she was definitely more disoriented than she had been the first time. She woke up to silence and wondered briefly where she was, what was happening, who had kidnapp-- Oh. Eddie. Right. She smiled at him and tried to tell her sleepy self to stop being so lovestruck. Not that that's what she was. She was just a little tired and okay maybe four hour car drives with Eddie were really nice and a lot of fun.

It was nearing ten when they made it and Stella had to resist not leaning out the window to take everything in. Jeez, Eddie, this place is unbelievable!! What a nice wedding venue, she had said. A valet took the car and some stranger took her things and while she knew she should've been mad about it, she was really just too busy trying to look at everything at once. It was all very pretty and professional and Stella thought maybe this wedding wouldn't be an awful one to attend because everything looked like it was so far going very smoothly. Stella had followed behind him, almost feeling like he should've taken her hand and pulled her along, because she was quite sure she'd be stopping a lot to just take it all in.

Blushing a little at the thought of even having Eddie's hand in hers (how positively middle school of you, Stella), she focused on all of the guests, instead. She couldn't help but to be reminded of her pageant days and it, unfortunately, was making her incredibly uncomfortable. Eddie, she wanted to say, can we maybe go somewhere with less people but that sounded strange and besides he was telling her to look over somewhere. As if she hadn't already been doing a lot of that. Edgar!!! Stella flinched at the loud voice and looked around for the woman. It wasn't hard to find her as she came running at Stella and Eddie, smiling and wearing a lilac dress and wow she was pretty and oh it was his mom.

Definitely blushing now, Stella thought briefly about what she was even wearing (galaxy leggings, a cozy black sweater, and her favorite bright red trainers), how her hair looked (just as messy as usual with one of her trademark colorful purple extensions), and what she was going to say, when the woman hugged her next. Stella returned it without even hearing the word 'girlfriend' which was probably a good thing because she very likely would've have died on the spot. "It's nice to meet you, Leslie," Stella said, realizing just then that this was the smother Eddie had told her about. She didn't seem so bad.

The Stella? What did that mean??? What sort of things was Eddie telling his mom about her??? He put a lot of emphasis on the word friend and she gave him a quick glare as if that offended her (she wasn't sure why, maybe it was that they seemed like so much more than friends to her, but she didn't even have a word for it yet, so) before looking back at his mother and smiling. "Everything looks so beautiful," she started, "the bride is very lucky to have booked such an incredible venue." .

eddie!! it's 700 words. outfit + shoes #ffa600
made by malone at caution 2.0
PM
^
EDGAR M. BROOKE
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 05:25 PM

IDK WORDS

STELLA

I think I might've inhaled you I can feel you behind my eyes You've gotten into my bloodstream I can feel you flowing in me The spaces in between Two minds and all the places they have been The spaces in between I try to put my finger on it I try to put my finger on it I think I might've inhaled you

"Oh, it's nice to meet you too, Stella!" Leslie said with a bright smile. "Edgar's told me all about you, your cute little rivalry and the fact that you actually got him to be okay with being called Eddie." She laughed in that way moms do. "You must mean a lot to him if you could make that happen. I'm glad he met you."

Eddie's fingers and toes almost felt cold from all the blood rushing into his cheeks. He knew this would happen, because he knew his mom, but he must have been in denial about it because he felt highly unprepared for this moment, when Stella would meet his mom. That was pretty much the last secret thing he had from Stella, his house and his family, and even if he told her about the smothering she did, that was only one tiny facet of Leslie Brooke.

And then Stella had to go and say venue. This was it, and he was semi-glad he wouldn't have to tell her.

"Thank you..." Leslie blinked a couple times, looked at Eddie, and laughed, a little bit confused. "Edgar didn't tell you? This is our house!" She looked around as if to make sure it was, and looked back at Stella with a smile. "Edgar, my husband, and I live here. Thank you so much for thinking it was a venue, though, my goodness." Leslie looked pleased with herself and couldn't stop grinning.

Okay, this situation was over. "Mom, if you dno't mind, we've been on the road for a while and I'm kind of tired. Can you have someone show Stella to her room?" They had many, many guest bedrooms which was why it worked so well as a venue. "Oh! That reminds me, I forgot to tell you. We ran out of guest rooms, isn't that silly? So Stella's going to have to stay in your room for the weekend, if that's okay." Apparently not that many guest rooms.

Eddie blinked and his mouth opened up, but no words found their way out. After a moment, he forced a smile, not wanting to disappoint his mom. "Yeah, that's okay." It was the only thing he could say. "Great! Then you can show her the way, right? Why don't you give her a tour of the house while you're at it? I have other things to attend to. Have fun, darlings, see you later!" She fluttered away to go attend to her other guests, and Eddie breathed in deep to calm himself down.

"Okay, so, that was... You know what, how about we wait to meet any more of my relatives?" He was completely out of sorts and was resorting to acting on impulse, a skill he had recently acquired. He grabbed Stella's hand and led her through the groups of people chatting, trying not to explode or attract attention. They made it through and reached the hallway where there were only two doors, and a staircase leading up to the next floor. He let go of Stella's hand and opened his bedroom door, allowing her to go in first. "This is my room, which I guess you're staying in too." He was actually kind of happy about that. It would have been weird to have anyone else to be put in his room because he really didn't know his extended family too well.

His room was larger and cleaner than an average bedroom, with one queen size bed, a desk with a computer, and other general bedroom items like a dresser in it. It also had a piano, which his mom insisted on having in his room so he could practice in a place where he felt comfortable. Thier things were already sitting on the bed. "I'll sleep on the floor," he offered, suddenly very tired and very uncomfortable. "Sorry about my mom, she's..." he trailed off, unable to find a word to describe her or that entire situation.

"I can give you a tour of the house, if you want."

PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 08:43 PM

what a beautiful wedding
Leslie seemed really nice, so far. Way better than her own mom, anyway. She was a little straight forward, Stella quickly discovered, and she wondered just how much Eddie had been telling his mom about her and their friendship. She had never heard anybody use the word 'cute' to describe their... rivalry? If that's what it was at this point? She made a point to not look at Eddie because he would probably be shaking his head as if to tell his mom 'no, she doesn't mean a lot to me, I just kind of put up with it at this point' and also because she was blushing at the very possibility that she could mean a lot to... well, anybody. "I'm glad I met him too," she said without thinking.

... Our house. This was... their... Eddie was... They lived here. Stella gave her a sweet smile for the honestly accidental compliment but the house was really nice and Stella was pretty sure she'd just found out Eddie was rich. ... Oh Christ, she was probably right about the whole music progidy thing and his parents were probably super famous in the music industry. This was embarrassing. Stella took a moment to look around again, trying not to spin in a circe on the spot to see everything. She honestly couldn't wrap her head around it, though she wasn't sure why. How many secrets did Eddie have?? Not that she was one to talk seeing as he didn't even know her actual first name and of course the whole pageant thing.

Eddie was tired? Oh, right, he had made the whole drive and she hadn't stayed awake to keep him company the whole time. It was probably a good idea to sleep now anyway since the wedding was probably pretty early. Stella's going to have to stay in your room wait what. That was... totally fine. Yup. She wasn't freaking out. Her heart wasn't beating out of her chest, nope. Before she could think of anything to say or do, Eddie's mom was leaving and he was talking and oh they were moving. She looked down and he was holding her hand he was holding her hand he was holding her hand ohhhhh God nope she was definitely freaking out this was so not happening.

Stella missed any opportunity to see more of the house and its decorations being so focused on the fact that Eddie was holding her hand and when he let go, she had to blink, as if woken from a dream. The fog took a moment to clear but she knew well enough to walk forward. Eddie's room was just about how she would picture it but only because she had seen his dorm at school except that this was definitely bigger than their rooms at Baum. There was a piano and she wondered how many instruments Eddie could play and then she wondered what it would take for him to play a song for her. "Uhm," she spoke finally, never really being speechless around Eddie. "I'm sorry, I just, hold on."

She had a lot of things to say, as per Stella, but no idea what to start. Everything had happened so quickly that she for once wished everything would slow down so she could take a second to understand. Okay. Eddie was rich, or at least his parents were, and this was their home. Fine. That was fine. They'd be sharing his room for the weekend, which again, was... okay. She could handle that. But there was no way she would let Eddie sleep on the floor at his own home and the problem was that she couldn't figure out how she wanted to tell him that. I don't mind sharing the bed? It's your room, I'll sleep on the floor? Maybe after the tour, they'd both be too tired and just crash together without thinking about it.

"Okay, yeah, tour. If you're up for it. You told your mom you were tired? I'm kind of hungry, to be honest. Road trip snacks aren't really dinner. But, like, that's... I'm fine if there's..." There was really no reason this should've been so difficult. .

PM
^
EDGAR M. BROOKE
 Posted: Jun 9 2015, 12:01 AM

IDK WORDS

STELLA

Eddie didn't realize how much Stella had to take in right now, and he did understand. The only reason he wasn't having a full blown anxiety attack is because he was pretty much used to his mom doing... whatever it was she wanted to do in that moment. But he was freaking out enough that her speechlessness took a few moments to register and he sat down at the bench (leaving enough room for Stella just in case) in front of his piano, laying his head down on the cover. "Yeah, same, just give me a minute." This was such a bad idea, and yet, some part of him was already having a lot of fun.

He took a few deep breaths to calm down, then found some moticum of inner peace. He looked at Stella and wow, this was all worth it because he was going to spend the weekend with her and everything was going to be fine because she was there with him, even if her being here among his family was also the reason he was kind of freaking out. It was a paradox but it was all beautiful and wow, so was Stella Hines.

"I'm fine to do a quick tour. I'm pretty familiar with the area, so." He stood up and took another deep breath in. This was like a crazy dream and he was 99% sure none of this was real, but even if it was what harm could come of it? "I know the best way to the kitchen, for example." He knew full well that there were quite a few embarrassing and overwhelming relatives they would have to go through to get to the table set up for party food, and he was not about to go through that again until he recovered from the last time.

His stomach grumbled and he realized he was really hungry too, wow. "Follow me," he said, holding out his hand to take hers. He really enjoyed holding her hand, which was funny to him, but it was nice and it felt right somehow. He led her out into the hallway and up the stairs at the end. At the top of the stairs was a finely decorated hallway with quite a few doors which made up the first floor of guest rooms. "So these are the guest rooms which are all full. Nothing too interesting here, except maybe the artwork." Honestly, if the music business fell through, they could always open a hotel.

At the end of the hallway there was another set of stairs that we went down to the kitchen. "I usually go this way to grab food while avoiding my parents so I can hole up in my room." Another Edgar thing he was sharing with Stella. How many did he even have left? They were dwindling and he realized he didn't mind. He heard the dull roar of the party guests. "And here we have the kitchen," he said as they came upon the modern stainless-steel kitchen that looked directly out of an Ikea magazine (because it pretty much was). He assumed that his parents hired a professional chef, but he wasn't around. However, what was around were plates of delicious food, enough to feed a whole country.

"Here, grab something and we can take it back to my room. They won't miss it." Edgar had pretty much never done anything wrong in his childhood, so at this point he built up his reputation with his parents enough to where he could do slightly wrong things and not get heat for it.

While waiting for her to decide, he figured he might as well continue the tour but from a stationary position. "Where we came from was the living room and entertaining area. I had pretty much all of my birthday parties there, except one year when I wanted to have it at the Smithsonian in D.C." He might as well let out all the cannon fodder he could for Stella. "We can check that out some other time when it's not filled with people, I suppose." He reconsidered for a second, then sighed and added "Unless you want to go back out there and meet everybody, I would be fine with that."

PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Jun 9 2015, 04:56 AM

what a beautiful wedding
Stella took a second to scold herself for not thinking about how Eddie might be feeling in this moment. She had after all just met his mother and Stella thought that was a pretty big deal in any friendship or relationship or whatever sort of ship it was they were in. There was of course also the matter that Stella just kept learning about more and more secrets Eddie apparently had and he probably wasn't too happy about that, either. She had already made a promise to herself though, before the trip started, to not use any of this against him. No teasing or blackmailing or leverage in challenges. Nope, what happened in Boston stayed in Boston. (Which meant no telling Nahnie that Eddie was rich because Nahnie, ohmygod, that house!!)

Stella took the seat next to him on the bench and waited more patiently than Stella Hines had ever waited before, hands folded in her lap, eyes roaming the room. Now that she had time to catch up, she was actually really okay with this. With everything. Sure, she was still freaking out about wearing a dress tomorrow, but that could wait until tomorrow. Right now, she kind of just wanted to run around Eddie's house, shouting about all the cool things, and asking where they had gotten all their decor. Interior design had never been so fascinating to her than it was right this second. When she glanced to Eddie to see how he was doing, she caught him looking at her, and she smiled at him.

He stood and she sat still, waiting for him to decide. It was his house, after all, and she was just a guest. She laughed, "I would hope spending too much time at Baum wouldn't make you forget the layout of your own house?" Oh, food, yes please! When he offered his hand, she didn't even hesitate. Which was... strange? But... definitely not bad or anything. He led the way out of his room and down the hall and the part of her that was always denying any sort of feelings towards Eddie insisted it was just so she wouldn't get lost. Yeah. That's why they were holding hands.

They went upstairs where the walls were decorated with paintings that she wanted to stop and look at but Eddie was pulling her along and she was hungry and maybe she would come back up here later. Back down a set of stairs, "wish I had a way of avoiding my parents," she had muttered, wondering how nice it would be to move around her house without her mother bothering her. Arriving at the kitchen brought her to a dead stop and she finally just said it: "Eddie, you have so much money, oh my god." The kitchen looked a little restaurant-y in that it was a lot of silver whereas Stella had always liked wooden cupboards and dark counters.

Ignoring that, there was so much food. Stella laughed again, said "where do I begin?," and took an empty plate to fill. She ended up with bits of pasta and finger sandwiches, munching on pigs in a blanket as she went, and deciding to pass on the sweets this time. The Smithsonian. She giggled, "of course you would have your birthday at a museum, you adorable little nerd." She definitely hadn't called him adorable just then, right? She gave him a horrified look, as if he was serious. "Going by that sigh, you are about as up for more relatives as I am. Besides, how can I eat and talk at the same time?"

She found a bottle of water in the fridge and then waited for him to pick out his food, because he was going to, wasn't he? Not that she minded sharing. They were probably sharing a bed tonight, anyway. "I bet you have this huge dining table like out of Beauty and the Beast." Okay, that would be the only joke about the whole super rich fancy decor thing. .

PM
^
EDGAR M. BROOKE
 Posted: Jun 9 2015, 09:22 AM

IDK WORDS

STELLA

Eddie expected her to say it at some point, but hearing it just made him stop too, and he pondered what to say in response for a moment before shrugging. "Yeah," he said, so articulate. That wasn't really good enough, though, so he continued. "I guess I just didn't want anyone to know because I feel like they would look at me differently, like I'm some rich snob when really I'm just an intellectual one." There really wasn't another reason. The only one who really knew about it was Penelope. Well, Carley McIntyre brought it up one time in the weirdest conversation of his life, but that was ages ago and he liked to pretend it never happened.

Eddie peeked out to make sure no one was coming to the kitchen, and nearly tripped when Stella called him an adorable nerd. Did she really think he was adorable? His heart was beating so loudly in his chest he was surprised she couldn't hear it from across the room. He didn't even have a response, so he just put on the fakest, poutiest face he had ever done in his life as if to say "I'm not adorable, I'm super cool" but the message probably didn't come across as well as he planned.

He sighed again, but this time with sweet relief. "You're the best," he said, walking back over to the counter. Watching Stella fill her plate made him hungry, so he grabbed his own and started doing the same, going down the line and taking some of everything until his plate was totally full. He grabbed another water out of the fridge, then grabbed a couple more and put them in his pockets in case they got thirsty later.

"...Actually, yeah, we do. I always thought it was ridiculous because three people live here, but we do have one. I'd show you, but there are people in there." He shrugged and got a little bummed when he realized his hands were full so he couldn't hold Stella's hand again, but he kept his cool and motioned for her to follow with his head. "Let's go before someone sees us."

Making his way up the stairs, he made sure no one was down the hallway. They were going slower than before due to the plates of food, so he figured they could look at the artwork down this hallway. "Mostly this is all modern art that my parents bought at auctions." They came upon a photograph, however, that depicted an early 90s rock band at a concert. "That's my dad on the left playing bass with his band, and my mom's in the front row there. That's the night they met."

He wished the story was still as romantic now as it was back then. Now it just kind of reminded him of how much his parents fought and how they were probably on the brink of divorce, but that was not something anyone wanted to think about this weekend.

When they made it back to the hallway his room was in, he awkwardly pointed to the other door with his plate of food. "That's my parents' room. My dad's probably sleeping in there. He's not a fan of this kind of thing." Eddie was a lot like his dad, to be honest.

Eddie had left his door open, so he walked back into his room and sat on his bed, leaning his back against the wall. Wow, he was tired, but hunger won over. He left enough room for Stella to join him on the bed, since that was the comfiest place to sit in his room and he didn't really care if crumbs got on his bed. He could clean them off before they went to sleep.

PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 03:29 AM

what a beautiful wedding
Stella had to try not laughing too loud at Eddie admitting he was an intellectual snob. Freshman year Stella would make fun of him endlessly for that, because that was definitely one of the things she had hated most about him. "I'm surprised everybody doesn't know, to be honest. Since Baum is so big on secrets and gossip." She hoped that didn't come off as her sounding like she was going to tell people when she got back. Because she wasn't and she shrugged as if that would help. It probably wouldn't. Whatever.

Blushing again (she was starting to think that wasn't really ever going to stop over the course of this weekend), she tried not to think so much about Eddie telling her she was the best and instead picked at some of the food on her plate. Before, she would absolutely agree to that and rub it in his face for saying so, but now she was just sort of shy about it. Which was weird. It wasn't like she didn't think she was (because she definitely was, absolutely number one), but she was pretty sure that was the first time Eddie had ever said anything like that, and it was giving her butterflies.

Stella shook her head at that, "yeah, no more people," and then secretly hoped maybe she could see it later. Because while it was kind of silly, she wanted a full tour of the grand home, as if missing even one room wouldn't make the rest count. She followed him back upstairs, admiring the pictures on the walls again. She was glad they moved slower this time so she could look at them all. Having been ready to ask about the only photograph, she couldn't help but squeal when he explained. "That's cute!! How romantic, oh gosh." That was such a better love story than her parents', not that this was a competition or anything.

She nodded and made sure to plan on being not as loud as normal, especially if his dad was sleeping, and double especially if his mom would be sleeping just across the hall too. She really didn't want any parents bothering them. N-not that they would be doing anything worth being checked on by parents!! Just... just that parents were... yeah. Oh jeez, she was one hundred percent blushing now. She was pretty sure the cool water bottle would feel nice on her cheeks right about now. "I can't wait to meet him."

Stella was really happy about the comfiness of the bed, compared to the ones at Baum. For a private school, you'd imagine they could afford better mattresses. Sitting next to Eddie, criss cross, she set her plate down a little unbalanced on her legs, and bit into a sandwich almost immediately. "Mmm, real food." She was so ready to slip into a food coma after this. "What was it like growing up here?" Stella asked, finding herself curious suddenly about Eddie's childhood.

eddie!! it's 500 words. outfit + shoes #ffa600
PM
^
EDGAR M. BROOKE
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 12:30 PM

IDK WORDS

STELLA

"I guess that's a benefit of mostly keeping to yourself," he responded. Eddie never actually thought about that. Carley surely would have told people? Of course, then she would have to actually admit that she spoke to him or actually knew anything about him, so probably not. His nerd status came in handy sometimes.

"We can meet them and see the house tomorrow, during the reception." He smiled, grateful that she was so understanding. While he knew that they didn't get out of it completely, he was so glad that they didn't have to put up with annoying relatives after such a long day. They would probably all be heading up to their rooms soon, anyway, since it was getting pretty late.

Eddie couldn't help but laugh a little at her reaction, because damn it was precious. Part of him wondered if he would ever have that one day, a romantic story to tell his kids. Something about how he and their mother were total opposites and refused to even speak until they were partnered up for a school project. Wow, that was definitely about him and Stella, slow down brain, calm down. Stella probably didn't even like him that way, to be honest. Plus, any of that was a long way off and there was no use thinking about it.

"He's a lot less... less than my mother, so." He was actually pretty excited for Stella to meet his dad, since he was positive that he was the only one who wouldn't automatically assume Stella was his girlfriend and make it awkward and sad when he would have to correct him. It would be such a calm exchange and Eddie looked forward to it.

The food was delicious, and Eddie tried to use that fact to distract himself from the fact that Stella Hines was sitting on his bed in his room in his house in Boston. Speaking of which, "It was... pretty normal, I guess. I don't really have much to compare it to." He shrugged and took another bite of food before continuing. "I guess my mom tried to spoil me?? But I never asked for anything, and I usually just stayed in here and got on the computer or played video games or read Stephen Hawking like a normal kid." Honestly, Eddie was so glad he reached the point where he was self-aware of how much of a fucking nerd he was.

"What was growing up like for you?" he asked, genuinely curious. He knew she had a smother like he did, but other than that, he really didn't know that much about Stella from before they met.

PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Jun 15 2015, 08:08 PM

what a beautiful wedding
Stella nodded, happy with that, and decided she would have to start mentally preparing herself pretty early on. Meeting new people was never an issue for her, quite the opposite, being the extrovert she was, but these were people that she felt she needed to impress on some level. It reminded her painfully of her pageant days and she knew she would have to be telling herself that this wasn't that. This was just a happy wedding where the last thing people would be thinking about was Stella Hines. Man, it really sucked how sort of traumatic this was for her. Thanks, mom.

"Go figure, our dads aren't the crazy ones." Sure, her dad still talked a lot and bothered her every so often, but it had never been mom level. "Mine doesn't really care what I do as long as it's not drugs or something." She definitely liked him better for it, too. If only her mom would take a page out of that book. Distracting herself with the food was easy enough and she paid more attention to her plate than she did her wandering thoughts. Whoever they had gotten to cater was damn good at their job and Stella honestly couldn't wait to see what sorts of foods they had tomorrow if this was just the welcome party.

Stella hadn't realized just how little she knew about Eddie until this moment. When they had first met, they hadn't wanted to know anything about each other and even now that they were friends, they didn't talk a lot about themselves. She had been okay with that. The only things about herself that Stella didn't mind talking about were also the most obvious: running, colors, winning. Stella liked so few things about who she was that she hated when any conversation turned on her, which was why she realized asking Eddie about his childhood meant she was probably gonna have to talk about hers.

She laughed, not at all surprised. "read Stephen Hawking," she quoted back at him, setting her plate aside, not knowing how she had finished so quickly. Must have been really hungry. Aaaaaand there it was. Stella would like to say her heart didn't do an uncomfortable lurch, that she knew exactly how to answer. "Oh. She could absolutely do this. "Like anybody else's, except hotter 'cause Arizona. I liked it, though, it was my favorite kind of weather." Stella hesitated, unsure how much she wanted to say. "My mom and I were okay until I turned, I dunno, eleven or something? It's whatever," she shrugged, taking a drink of her water.

"Tell me more about the bride." Or literally anything as long as it wasn't about Stella.

eddie!! it's 465 words. outfit + shoes #ffa600
PM
^
EDGAR M. BROOKE
 Posted: Jun 15 2015, 10:42 PM

IDK WORDS

STELLA

It was almost ironic, Eddie noticed, that their parents were similar to them. Calm, chill man and overbearing, extroverted woman. He never noticed that before and it was... interesting. "Yeah, same here. Mine's pretty cool about everything, actually." Eddie knew how different his father was from his mother, and suddenly he was very worried. How different were he and Stella? Very, very different, almost complete opposites. He feared that one day, they might end up like his parents, bitter and arguing in private but happy and loving in public.

No, no way. That couldn't happen. Eddie and Stella weren't the same as his parents. They didn't love each other from the get-go, they didn't even like each other. Their relat- friendship was based on actually learning to tolerate each other, not just first impressions. He found comfort in this, and relaxed a little bit.

He needed to stop thinking as if he and Stella were dating, when they were not and probably would never be. Hell, Eddie didn't even know how to bring his feelings up to her, let alone ask her out on a date or something. To which she would probably laugh in his face, so no thank you.

Eddie smiled a little bit at Stella's teasing, appreciating the normalcy amongst all of these thoughts and feelings he didn't know how to process. He listened and nodded, did he even know she was from Arizona? That was neat. He couldn't help but grimace at the hot weather bit. Eddie preferred a milder climate, thank you.

He almost immediately opened is mouth to ask about what happened between her and her mom, but the way she changed the subject so quickly made him close it again. If Stella Hines didn't want to talk about something, it must have been really serious. Though he was very curious, he let it go and made a note to maybe ask about it later if the opportunity arose.

"Shelly's great. She's the lead singer in a rock band called 'Tortoise Hell', and she basically has infinite lungs. It's a bit too much for me, but I like them." Eddie put his plate on top of Stella's. "She's like 20, and we used to hang out all the time when we were younger because her and her mom stayed with us for a while." Eddie felt like he was talking too much, especially for him, but he was remembering more and more about Shelly Brooke, soon to be Shelly Franklin. "It was fun, but also terrible. She always started tickle fights." He rolled his eyes and sighed. "I don't know that much about her fiance, but he's probably into music. Everyone in this family is."

PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 07:13 AM

what a beautiful wedding
Stella realized in a sudden moment of horror that if she really thought about it, Stella was her mom, and Eddie was his dad, and she was the crazy overwhelming lady. It really shouldn't have been anything that bothered her, for lots of reasons, but she was worried suddenly that she would end up being a smother just like her mom had been. At least she had Eddie to keep her grounded and she could trust that he always would unlike her father who went along with whatever mom said or did. Her heart stuttered a little when she thought about Eddie always being there for her, whether he actually would be, and what her life would be without him.

Deciding it would be a better idea to focus on Eddie instead of all the weird and probably dangerous things her heart was doing, Stella shifted a little so that she was slightly more comfortable and facing him as opposed to turning her head to look at him. He looked ready to ask about the falling apart between her and her mom but he seemed to get the memo that she didn't want to talk about it. And she was grateful. Like, really super grateful. How much longer she could keep that secret, though, who knew. It was a miracle she'd managed this long, given how much she talked, and how little a filter she had. She at least hoped he picked up on the thankful vibes she was giving.

Wow, a singer! What a surprise! Okay, well, that was a little uncalled for. Stella still didn't really know anything about Eddie's family and it was wrong of her to assume they were all musicians of some sort. "Do you think she'll sing at her own wedding? I bet they have a video planned. Like, viral sort of shenanigans." Stella could only hope because that actually sounded really cool. Wait, how old?? And she was already lead singer in a band?? Stella wished she had her life figured out enough to know what she'd be doing at twenty, much less after high school.

Laughing, Stella did her best to not reach over and tickle him right then. "Oh no, not tickle fights! How traumatic!" She sounded really neat, though, and Stella couldn't wait to meet her. "So, what's up with your family and music?" Wow, she loved it when she was right.

eddie!! it's 400 words. outfit + shoes #ffa600
PM
^
EDGAR M. BROOKE
 Posted: Jun 29 2015, 09:31 PM

SHORT

STELLA

Eddie turned to face Stella just as she turned to face him, and he was suprisingly very comfortable with that. He was pretty sure this was the closest they had ever been? And it was on his bed in his room. He would never have been okay with a situation like this before, and he wondered if that was another good change Stella caused in him.

"I'm pretty sure they're going to have karaoke at the reception." Eddie would honestly be surprised if they didn't have karaoke, since that was Shelly's favorite party event and she had it at every birthday and her graduation party. "I don't know about a video, but someone's going to be drunk, and someone's going to be recording, so who knows what will happen." It was bound to be a fun time. Unlike Eddie, his family liked to party. Half of them were rockstars, after all, and the other half were groupies or producers or stage managers.

He shrugged at both the tickle fight comment and the music question. "That's just their thing, to be honest. I don't know where it started. It's just a tradition on both my mom's side and my dad's side." Eddie honestly had no idea. Were there that many musicians attracted to other musicians?

"But anyway, the tickle fights weren't too traumatic. I actually got really good at it." He had more mischief in his eyes than he had in his entire life and he reached over slowly and poked her side as ticklishly as he could manage seeing as he was out of practice.

PM
^
stella r. hines
 Posted: Jul 6 2015, 12:14 AM

what a beautiful wedding
Somehow already feeling sleepy, Stella shook her head a little bit, as if it would wake her up. Eddie was just close to her and the bed was comfy and she just wanted to curl up and go to bed. She hoped he wouldn't mind sharing the bed with her. Actually, it probably would've been a good idea for her to sleep on the floor, given her history for being a very kick-y person.

Her eyes widened a little, as if in horror, and she was shaking her head with earnest this time. "So not being part of that." The night they watched Frozen with Pennie and Ari came to mind and she was reminded of her awful singing, popcorn fights, and sleeping over. "Your family definitely does not need to know how tone deaf I am." She was probably exaggerating but didn't everybody think they were bad at singing? Everybody that didn't take lessons or wasn't born musically inclined, anyway.

Stella laughed, already imagining what sort of hijinks might happen with a bunch of drunk musicians. Stella wondered if she would be allowed at least one glass of champagne or something to toast the happy couple. Never mind that she wasn't old enough and definitely never mind that she didn't want to know what alcohol did to her, especially in front of Eddie.

Stella wished her parents had a thing or that they at least had something in common but Stella didn't think they did. Other than her, of course, and she worried sometimes that maybe that's the only reason why they were still together. It was usually a lot worse in that she couldn't understand how her parents even dealt with her anymore, but those were thoughts for her super off days. Not days like this where Eddie was tickling her. "Eddie!!!!" she said loudly, laughing, moving away.

Grabbing his wrist before he could try again, Stella didn't try to get back at him; she just gave him a look that said 'don't you dare,' and hoped for the best.

eddie!! TICKLE FIGHTTTT outfit + shoes #ffa600
PM
^
EDGAR M. BROOKE
 Posted: Jul 6 2015, 12:29 AM

HELLO I AM DEAD

STELLA

Eddie was still very tired from the long drive but he was enjoying talking to Stella and still trying not to think about the night she found out about his music. No, that was not going to be anywhere near his consciousness for quite some time, if he had anything to do with it. It was locked in a broom closet in his mindpalace, and that broom closet had a full bookshelf in front of it to prevent that door from opening.

"It's okay. There's a few music appreciators in the family, so." He laughed, then shrugged. "Besides, you're not tone deaf. If anyone's tone deaf, it's my mother. There's a reason she was a fan and stuck to producing." Eddie liked how she sang because even if it wasn't perfectly on-key, it was all in fun and sounded beautiful to him, anyway.

Come to think of it, there were quite a few who were not musically talented but found other places within the industry. Not that it was a requirement, or anything, but part of him wondered if Stella was interested in any of that. Actually, he thought, maybe the fact that she was non-musical was the reason he liked her so much, since music was kind of his personal thing and it had been shoved in his face his entire life.

Eddie smiled wider and laughed, then made a 'tsk tsk' sound. "Stella, you're such an amateur. I have another hand, you know." He moved closer to her then proceeded to take that other hand and tickle her side, hoping she was okay it with it.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll