prologue
nce upon a city is a ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
staff
credit
skin made for ouac by hedgie
table of contents
newest chapters
#/# update here

#/# update here

#/# update here

affiliates

Add Reply
New Poll

where the lines overlap, jacob
SHELLY B. FRANKLIN
 Posted: Aug 4 2015, 08:04 AM

outfit
jacob
notes

To be honest? Shelly hated group projects.

Like, a physics assignment alone was pretty lame and not her idea of a good time, but doing the project with another human being?? Hahaha, this was going to be so great!! Not. Ugh. Having constant anxiety was kind of a hassle. Meaning it sucked. Plus, she had no one to go hame and complain about it to, since Griffin was on his dumb business trip. Luckily maybe possibly she could find someone to talk about it at work with, but that was unlikely as Edgar (Eddie???) was usually busy with his girlfriend (or not his girlfriend, apparently, but I mean), and she normally didn't have a lot of time to just chat with the students unless they came in for music lessons. She'd probably just end up shouting her frustration into the void via the internet.

But for now, with no way to get out of this considering her physics teacher didn't like her probably and there was no way she was going to try and ask him about it. So she definitely just sucked it up and made her way to the library with any materials she thought she needed, which had her backpack full because what if she forgot something? Yeah, no, that would be the worst.

Looking for her classmate, she wondered how this guy was in group projects. Jacob was into music, from what she gathered, which was cool, but like she always got a weird vibe off of him. Shelly was not one to really listen to vibes, though, unless they were serious "this dude's probably gonna murder me if I speak to him" vibes, which were not the vibes Jacob gave off. It was just something weird she couldn't explain and was probably not even a thing, just her being paranoid and anxious and generally having to do with her tendency to ruin every human relationship she had.

Except the one with her husband, which she reminded herself of by messing with her rings with her thumb, smiling as she thought about him. She still had no idea why Griffin chose her or even liked her in the slightest, but he did and they were married now, which had to mean something, right? You didn't get married at twenty unless your were pregnant or in love, right? Well, Shelly told herself that as she found Jacob and sat next to him, smiling shyly and suddenly at a loss for words. "Uh... sup."

PM
^
JACOB M. HARVEY
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 12:32 AM

AT WAR WITH YOURSELF

tagz:shelly
wordz: idk whatever
notez idk whatever
Jacob had never enjoyed group projects. They were just too stressful, particularly when Jacob was partnered with half-wit frat boys, athletes, stoners, goths, etc., which just seemed to be often. They required more work than individual projects, presumably because the work could be divided up, but Jacob just didn’t do division of work. He couldn’t sleep at night unless he knew he’d had a hand in every aspect of the project he was turning in.

Needless to say, hanging out in the computer lab and waiting for his alleged ‘partner’ to arrive was already proving to be a special experience. What was even going on in this sterile little room? Opposite him at the large round table of computers sat a row of very large men, chuckling to each other inanely about “biddies” and the like. To his right, a girl who smelled sharply of alcohol had nodded off in the swivel chair. To his left, a star-crossed couple were making out, computers abandoned. Why was he even here? He had so much homework he needed to be doing. Fuck, where was this partner? He was wasting perfectly good minutes. Six minutes of solid work were already down the drain. God, he hated himself so much.

But he was here anyway, because he’d literally run out of other things to do to procrastinate on this group project (which was due in FORTY-SEVEN HOURS HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT), and had set up a meeting.

His eyes wandered back to the gaggle of monsters across the table. God, the testosterone was stifling.

Ah, that was her. At least, as far as he could remember. Humming Tchaikovsky’s 5th Symphony to himself to drown out the ridiculously distracting murmur of voices and tapping emanating towards him from all sides, he made his way around the outskirts of the computer clusters, dodging various drunken making-out couples who popped up every few feet. Finally he found a table with two empty computers and sat down, motioning for her to join.

”Hi. I’m Jacob.” He forced a cordial smile, stretching his triceps to initiate a firm handshake.

Okay. Down to business. He really needed to get this done with so he could get back to his mountains of computer science homework. Oh fuck, fuck, he was so fucked.

”Okay. So. Project. Physics. What is it we’re supposed to be doing?” He wrote “Physics” at the top of a clean sheet of his notebook, assuming that was, at least, an appropriate guess.
made by monica don’t take my shit
PM
^
SHELLY B. FRANKLIN
 Posted: Aug 24 2015, 12:25 PM

outfit
jacob
notes

Shelly followed Jacob to the table, ignoring all the other people. Well, he didn't seem... too... bad? She definitely thought she heard him humming Tchaikovsky but she didn't say anything because she was afraid of being wrong. Taking a seat at the computer next to him, taking out her physics notebook and a flashdrive, just in case. Also, a pencil, yes that was a good idea. Oh... okay, handshake, she could handle that. "Shelly," she said, shaking his hand, except wow he had a firm grip. Shelly's handshake was about as strong and conifdent as she was, so her hand was pretty much toast in his. Or maybe something floppier and more useless than toast. So, wet toast? Wow, she was putting way too much brainpower into this, anyway.

Oh, okay, he didn't know? It took her a second and Shelly opened up her notebook to the dog-eared page where she had written the assignment. "Um, okay, so like, powerpoint presentation on..." Quasiparticles, right. Each group had gotten one, right? She definitely wrote it down... "Biexcitons? Yeah." There was definitely two of something involved in there but she was in no way excited for this. Flipping back through her notes, she found the page she titled 'quasiparticles'. Her notes were... admittedly, pretty bad. They were hard to read, especially, but she could most;y decipher it. In any case, she brought her textbook, so she got that out of her backpack, too, in case they needed it. "Um, are your notes like... possibly... any better than mine?" Group projects were the absolute worst for this reason.

Her brain had also totally blocked out the fact that this was a presentation they had to make in front of the entire class, so she wouldn't shut down completely and not do it. It was going to be like, two minutes at the most, but still, the anxiety made her feel like she was anticipating two minutes of being dunked in hydrochloric acid or set on fire or something. Okay, no, don't think about that, think about making cool looking powerpoint pages about biexcitons.

"I mean, it sounds pretty easy peasy lemon squeezy." Where the fuck did that even come from? Alright, calm down. Griffin would have thought that was cute if he was here. She fiddled with her rings again, noticing that that was quickly becoming a nervous habit. "Sorry, that was dumb, anyway." This was the absolute worst. "So like, we just have to make a power point with the stuff on it and maybe decide who's reading what." Her heart was still racing, but fiddling with her ring was helping.

PM
^
JACOB M. HARVEY
 Posted: Aug 27 2015, 10:44 PM

AT WAR WITH YOURSELF

tagz:shelly
wordz: idk whatever
notez idk whatever
Okay. Good. They were getting started on this project. Things were happening that needed to happen. They’d finish this project about physics, or whatever, and then he could go work on his computer science project. He’d estimated, doing the math very quickly in his head, that he had about 33 hours left of work to do on the project, which left 14 hours for eating, sleeping, and maybe an hour or so of procrastination. Okay, that was fine. Fine, fine, fine.

Shelly. Okay, easy-enough-to-remember name. It wasn’t one he’d have trouble pronouncing, which was good. He hated when he couldn’t pronounce someone’s exotic name in a public placeβ€”it made him seem like a totally culturally insensitive white guy, which he totally wasn’t, or, at least, tried not to be. God, being white was so stressful.

Powerpoint. Okay, definitely doable. ”Powerpoint? You’re sure Powerpoint? What about Prezzi? Or Google Presentation? Do you think we should do a Google presentation?” No, no, he was totally overstepping. This woman definitely knew way more about what this project was supposed to be than Jacob did, given that what Jacob knew about this project was absolutely nothing, at the moment. Fuck, he was so tired. He’d been up all night doing Econometrics homework, and he hadn’t slept in like, 36 hours. Was this meeting over yet? ”No, you’re right, Powerpoint’s fine. I don’t know what I’mβ€”I just, I just, it’s fine. Powerpoint.”

"Um, are your notes like... possibly... any better than mine?”

Jacob hadn’t been paying attention to her notes, but he assumed his were probably adequate for whatever she needed, uh, notes for. ”Uh, yeah, here.” He fished around frantically in his backpack, yanking out his blue Physics binder. ”It’s by date, units are alphabetized.”

"I mean, it sounds pretty easy peasy lemon squeezy.” Huh. Interesting choice of words. Jacob chuckled. He would have laughed much harder if he hadn’t been so distracted by his impending computer-science-imposed academic doom. Wait, okay, actually, it had been a pretty funny rhyme. He allowed himself to laugh a little more. ”Nice.”

"So like, we just have to make a power point with the stuff on it and maybe decide who's reading what.”

Oh, a plan. Good. ”Okay, yeah. Sounds good.” Shit, what had she said this project was supposed to be on? He racked his brain for a few seconds. Quasiparticles. He wrote the word at the top of his small index card, then created peremptory bullet point on the line below it. Could never be too prepared, right? After thinking for another minute, he scratched Type of particle? as a first fact. Okay, there was one. How many of these facts would they need to qualify as having prepared an actual presentation? Ugh, he was so fucked.

made by monica don’t take my shit
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll